Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Has anybody thought that maybe the supposed  or is that self imposed ITK's  ie JulieB, Mystery Man, Gazton Villa etc etc are avoiding this particular thread right now because actually there is no transfer activity imminent?

Let's see if any of the ITK's suddenly re-appear just before major transfer development in order to resurrect their credibility.

I actually don't mind people bullshitting tranfer rumours because it get's you all excited & get's you through the day. I like the idea of Villa being linked with  all & sundry so whether you are genuine or just a wind up merchant..................BRING IT ON!

• Like 1

Has anybody thought that maybe the supposed  or is that self imposed ITK's  ie JulieB, Mystery Man, Gazton Villa etc etc are avoiding this particular thread right now because actually there is no transfer activity imminent?

Let's see if any of the ITK's suddenly re-appear just before major transfer development in order to resurrect their credibility.

I actually don't mind people bullshitting tranfer rumours because it get's you all excited & get's you through the day. I like the idea of Villa being linked with  all & sundry so whether you are genuine or just a wind up merchant..................BRING IT ON!

The Daily Frumpton has us linked with a £1b swoop for Messi and reports Barca may be interested in taking Alan Hutton the other way.

Here's the link -

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/8761-transfer-speculation-summer-2013/page-122'>http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/8761-transfer-speculation-summer-2013/page-122

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 2

I  feel if we sign Charlie Austin or the like of him, it will take us off the back foot and put us on the front foot.

Don't get me wrong, I want to keep Benteke, but no player is bigger than the club. To be fair it sounds like a lot of the press is wide of the mark, but hey, the club has to protect itself too.

The club is right to respect players , but don't pander to them....get in first and sign players, before players get ahead of themselves.

The Daily Frumpton has us linked with a £1b swoop for Messi and reports Barca may be interested in taking Alan Hutton the other way.

Here's the link -

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/8761-transfer-speculation-summer-2013/page-122

:):P:D  That's quality 8pints :crylaugh:

• Like 1

If we are going to buy a League 2 LB - We have to get Charles Dunne from Wycombe Wanderers, Absolute animal - Monster throw in, Insane at heading, tall, strong and will be cheap as Wycombe are a supporter owned club - (My GF has a season ticket and drags me along occasionally  :unsure: )

Putting JuliB in the same context and Mysterman and Gazton is a crime.

Ryan Shawcross? £30,000 a week.

Shawcross oh hell yes. I've been saying it for 2 years since the season ended.  You'd have to fork out probably close to double that in wages though I suspect.  I'd hope £50k might do the trick.

Don't see the fuss with Shawcross to be honest. That's a hefty amount in wages when we have a less experienced but similar type of defender in Baker.

I suppose maybe it's a position where we just need to pay through the nose for experience at the moment.

When Lambert said 'hungry' players I don't think that's quite what he meant??

That we're releasing Dunne backs up your point.

Only Spurs players I would be interested in are Andros Townsend and Danny Rose. Will there be any room in Spurs squad for either of them or will they be loaned off again? I imagine Rose is in their plans if they're off-loading Assou-Ekotto but I can't see a place in their starting XI for Townsend with Bale, Sigurdsson, Lennon, and Dempsey ahead of him in the pecking order.