Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Big no for established players on high wages, Skrtel, Parker, etc. Yes they are good players but would be priced out of our reach wage wise. Plus they have no sell on value at all. Going to be an interesting month or so, one thing for certain is we will be in for a few surprises!

So funny.

After the fabulous work that lambert has done in the transfer market he has earned the trust to get which players he feels are right for us. If that's spearing then fine by me.

• Like 1

So funny.

After the fabulous work that lambert has done in the transfer market he has earned the trust to get which players he feels are right for us. If that's spearing then fine by me.

I don't think Lamberts signing have been "fabulous" to be honest. Benteke is fabulous, that's about it. The rest are good, but could easily turn out bad, they're just low-risk.

Why do people keep suggesting players like Skrtel/Parker. Not going to happen! High wages and exactly the time of players we are trying to rid of from our own team (maybe not quite as useful but still). Lambert wants young players with a potential to improve, not quick 2 year signings to steady the ship.

For me Lamberts signings rate:

Brilliant

Benteke, Guzan

Very Good

Westwood, Lowton

Decent

Vlaar, Sylla

Possibly decent but so far not good enough

Bennett, Bowery

Not good enough

El Ahmadi (although he did show something vs United after coming on)

Think he's earned our trust but I would still question Spearing, I haven't seen him play for Bolton but he just never looked talented for Liverpool. If Lambert brings him in, so be it, i'll support him and give him a chance but I would rather look for a younger player who has the potential to improve more.

Thinking behind Spearing is we haven't really got much meat in our midfield and Spearing brings that. I wouldn't be against the signing of Spearing, he could do a job giving our defence much needed protection.

No better than herd though.

Thinking behind Spearing is we haven't really got much meat in our midfield and Spearing brings that. I wouldn't be against the signing of Spearing, he could do a job giving our defence much needed protection.

No better than herd though.

Probably not. But we'll see :L. I wouldn't be thrilled if he joined, but I think he could do a job if the situation is right.

Paul Lambert strikes me as an ambitious person. He's shown ambition in his playing career, and he's shown it in his managerial career thus far.

He also strikes me as someone that has a plan. Now I'm not saying that Jay Spearing is part of that plan, based on a tweet about a rumour that he's being monitored - and as an aside, I'm not sure what 'monitoring' a player like Spearing means. He's not exactly a secret and he's not playing right now, so what exactly would they be monitoring apart from his own contract negotiations? With that in mind, that hardly sounds (if there's any truth to the tweet in the first place) like he would be a prize acquisition, if obtained. More of a calculated risk on a cheap player - however I digress....

The point is that Paul Lambert looks to have a plan, and if Jay Spearing is a piece of that plan then that's the manager's choice. Not this bollocks about ambition again.

Rant over!

All I want us to do this summer is sign one or two German players.

Would be nice to think the last thing Henke did was pass Lambert a dossier on the next yet-to-be-discovered German talent.