Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Well after that (none) showing I expect our interest in Troy Deeney may have wained a little (or completely!!!)

James Nursery on Twitter saying that we're monitoring Jay Spearing who Liverpool are apparently gonna let go..

Spearing a definate NO! but Shelvey I think would be a good aquisition

Shelvey flatters to deceive in my opinion. Not the player people expected him to be, i really don't want either of those 2 players. Shelvey seems to have a bit of an ego too.

Would anyone be keen on kone from Wigan?

Nah not really. I'd rather James McCarthy, maybe even Maloney to be a squad player. 

Maloney would walk into our side atm. He's had a very good season.

Would you drop Gabby or Weimann though? I think i'd choose those two before Maloney. 

I hope we're not going to sign Spearing, that would be disappointing. 

Its harsh, but I'll probably drop Andi, although he's currently my favourite Villa player I just think Maloney is a better winger than him. Although we'll lose the work rate and the clever dynamic runs, with Maloney you'll have a technically better, more creative player who crosses wonderfully.

But to be fair, if we had Maloney, I think we'll play 4-2-3-1 more and have Maloney at CAM

Edited by Cambridge-AVFC

James Nursery on Twitter saying that we're monitoring Jay Spearing who Liverpool are apparently gonna let go..

Swap deal with Benteke?

On Faulkner's personal initiative.

Loic Remy would be a great pickup in my mind, if he beats the gang rape charge. Could play anywhere in the attacking third, give us a bit more pace than andi. Gabby, benteke, Remy sounds like trouble to any side.

Edited by tprice5

Loic Remy would be a great pickup in my mind, if he beats the gang rape charge. Could play anywhere in the attacking third, give us a bit more pace than andi. Gabby, benteke, Remy sounds like trouble to any side.

That's quite the condition precedent.

• Like 1

Not like Lambert to go for an established player on high wages, though. As obviously good as Remy is.

Spearing and Shelvey are not players I would like to see at the club. Especially Shelvey, he is a grade A prat like Ireland to to be honest and has always looked largely shit everytime I have seen him play. We have enough duff midfielders without adding to the list.

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1

I would love to see Scott Parker in the Villa midfield, but I can never see it happen.

Other than that, I find it quite exciting with all these players that I have no idea about...

Big no from me, too old now, big wages and turning 33 in October.. 

Not what Lambert has in mind.

I would love to see Scott Parker in the Villa midfield, but I can never see it happen.

Other than that, I find it quite exciting with all these players that I have no idea about...

Big no from me, too old now, big wages and turning 33 in October.. 

Not what Lambert has in mind.

Agreed, too old, too expensive and too injury prone. 

Hopefully the rumours linking us with the ex con with the Blues tattoo on his leg will finally be put to rest after his performance today.

One season doesn't mean he is suddenly an awful player. As a Czech, I must admit Skrtel is a pretty good centerback. He is very intimidating and would fit in well with our back line. We need someone with experience and a bit of bite, so to speak.