Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Lukaku and Benteke sounds beastly on paper but I doubt them being able to play alongside each other.

It does seem to be one or the other for their national team too.

I'd imagine Lukaku would cost about what we'd want for Benteke. i.e. too much

And if Chelsea wanted to sell, I'm sure he'd have much better suitors than us, unfortunately

Chelsea would be mad to sell, frankly. He could do a great job for them next season and is definitely something different to what they have up front physically. Plus he's got the technique too. Quite similar to Benteke in many ways although probably a bit more mobile if not quite as strong (although very nearly).

I think Lescott would be a great signing if the wages aren't to high, I think he's price is about £4 million. He can also cover left back and bags a few goals.

Although I hope it does.

I hope so too. Also Lescott plays very well for standard / penalty and scored the necessary goals.

Lescott with a beard would be absolutely formidable.

I could nearly 99% guarantee we dont go for Lescott.  It smells to much like Dunne/Ireland/Given who we got from City on high wages.

Actually going forward, anyone who suggests going for a Man City Player should be made spend a day with MON and McLeish in a Jacuzzi

How did that Ramis bloke go for Wigan this season? Only recall seeing him once and wasn't too impressed. I know we were linked before we got Vlaar.

How did that Ramis bloke go for Wigan this season? Only recall seeing him once and wasn't too impressed. I know we were linked before we got Vlaar.

Broke his leg, or an injury of that nature. Didn't play again.

Well the Premier League lookie-likie app says Ramis is the PL player I look most similar to, so I think he did very well actually :P

I think Ramis was ok up until the injury. Don't know really as I haven't seen many Wigan games. He scored a couple of goals too, one of them against us.

I don't think we should be going for russian players, how many of them have actually succeeded in premier league? Kanchelskis? Arshavin? Anyone else?

Arshavin, Zhirkov, Bilyaletdinov, Pavlyuchenko, Kharine, Smertin, Kanchelskis have all played in the prem but i agree with your comment

Similar could have been said about Serbians before Vidic was signed. I'm not a fan of avoiding signing players based on their nationality tbh, it seems like the kind of thing we'd have done under MON.

Lukaku could play in Weimann/ Gabbys positions because he's alot more mobile that Benteke and slightly faster as well. With him and Benteke and Gabby/Weimann up top our attack would be unreal!!! It won't happen though

Why are people even thinking about that? Most unrealistic transfers. :P

Plus Benteke and Lukaku don't work together well, that's why in Belgium, one plays while other doesn't. They rotate, but very rarely play together. 

Anyway, not sure why I am even writing this... Lukaku could be sold to Real, Barca, Munich. Not to anyone else even at this point in time. 

Edited by Alakagom

Anyone else notice the following line in the Daily Mail N'Zogbia story from Simon Jones?

"Aston Villa will have to finance rebuilding from within".

That would (if it is correct) suggest that we will be going down the "sell to buy" route as we did in the last transfer window rather than backing the manager with something decent on top of the fees that come in and the wage savings that departures from the club produce.