Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I wouldn't let Clark go. Don't understand why Baker gets a free pass for his numerous errors and scapegoat Clark doesn't.

Calamity Clark? Best thing about this gif is Clark's reaction - double facepalm! when the fail is that bad one palm is not enough

iBmc0H8mfHXeY.gif

Wow, you're still floating that gif about? Get over it, it's an own goal. Shit happens.

Does anyone follow this guy on Twitter? Howard Hodgson

He seems to talk about alot of players moving out and how Lambert will spend money next season.

I can tell you that Howard is higly reliable with his info.  I'm pretty sure he was banned on here?   

I don't know. He talks about players like Bannan and Dunne going in the summer and Dunne can stay if Lambert makes a big fuss about him, but it doesn't look likely.

I saw him tweeting and replying to Benteke, talking about getting 3 players in to sign new contracts. Thought he might have some decent information.

Howard Hodgson @HowardHodgson 15m

@sunnyr86 We will have £20M plus anything raised for likes of Bent, Bannan, Given, Ireland will be added so another £10M maybe on top?

Don't know why he's outing so much about how much we have to spend. Seems a little unprofessional.

Edited by Daniel

Not doubting he knows more than most Villa fans, myself included, but £20m + sales of those players would've been the guess of most reasonable people around the league anyway. He's not revealing much in that specific regard.

Edited by Wes

Howard is guessing on figures I imagine. PF wouldnt say how much we have to spend.  He gets to speak to all the big wigs because of where he sits and the players.  He's a credible guy.

I think Brady from Hull looks a decent player.

Yeah he would fit Lamberts criteria.  Young, works hard and is a decent player.  Ferguson wanted to keep him at Utd but he wanted to leave to get football.  Not a bad sign either, I guess.

Hull wont sell though.

Only player I can see us getting off Hull would be Chester as next season is the last on his current deal and he's unsure about signing another one with them... Good center back so I'd be pleased if we got him!

Personally I think we'll dispose of, in one way or the other:

Given, Hutton, Dunne, Stephens, Ireland, Holman, Makoun (already done deal allegedly), Dawkins (loan end), Bannan, Bent and Delfouneso

That's a hell of a lot of personnel but necessary to move forwards.

I think we'll bring in around 6 players.

Back Up GK -

New CB to partner Vlaar full time

New LB to challenge Bennett

New (experienced) CM to challenge/develop Sylla, Delph and Westwood

Attacking midfielder

New Stiker to replace Bent

Do we need a backup GK? can't we promote Siegrist? No idea if he is good enough or not but if we can save money that might be an option.

I know we don't play with a "10" but i'd love to see a proper "10" at the club.. no idea how it'd work as we play with essentially a front 3 but it'd be nice to have that player who can make things happen.

Defender wise what are people's view on maguire?

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Do we need a backup GK? can't we promote Siegrist? No idea if he is good enough or not but if we can save money that might be an option.

I know we don't play with a "10" but i'd love to see a proper "10" at the club.. no idea how it'd work as we play with essentially a front 3 but it'd be nice to have that player who can make things happen.

Defender wise what are people's view on maguire?

As in Harry Maguire of Sheff Utd?

Saw him in the play-off semi 2nd leg and thought he looked quite slow-i might be wrong though, harsh to judge him after seeing him over 90 minutes!

You need three keepers. I don't doubt Siegrist can be the back up keeper to Guzan but you need someone to keep pushing him too.

I'm a big advocate of having a #1, a keeper for cup competitions and a promising youth keeper.

With Given being shipped out and Marshall's contract up I expect next season Siegrist will get promotoed to that cup/reserve role. It would depend on how well the other reserve/youth keepers are rated if they bring someone else in or not.

In my opinion Bent, Bannan and Given are all going to be sold. I can see a mid-table club stumping up around £8 million for Bent. A Championship club or Celtic signing Bannan and perhaps Cardiff/ Hull coming in for Given?

Dunne, Lichaj and Marshall's contracts are up. Dawkins' loan has ended. Makoun's been sold.

Hopefully Ireland will probably be released? He has a year left and I think we may offer him a severance package. I also hope Hutton has impressed someone somewhere at Mallorca and we can get rid of him too.

I would also try and sell Albrighton, Holman and Stevens. Perhaps harsh on Enda - but from what I've seen these three do not have the technical ability to take us to where I want us to be.

I'm willing to give Clark, Bennett, KEA and Herd one season to kick on - even if it just for the sake of keeping the impact of squad turnover lower. I feel Clark was put under intense pressure unfairly - captaining that grossly inexperienced back 5. Yes he made mistakes, but in my opinion there is a centre back in there somewhere. It can't have been easy for Bennett and KEA to step up to this level in the circumstances either. Herd for me is a useful utility player who has always given his all for Villa when he's played.

The rest of them, I'm delighted with. Guzan, Benteke, Lowton, Westwood and Weimann had outstanding seasons. Delph and Agbonlahor came good at the end. Vlaar and Sylla both had very promising first seasons. Baker has potential.  N'Zogbia offers something different from midfield. Would not be against Bowery being loaned out. 

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 1

9 players out (10 with petrov) is certainly lot for one window, but we do need to get them off the books, we have too many average players for the same positions

hopefully we ccan bring in 5, maybe 6 much better players

i don't no why people keep banging on about needing a new CB! i think Barry Bannan could do an admirable job in that position but he just hasn't been given the chance!! the though of Bannan at CB is hilarious

Yeah stupid, not hilarious