Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

AM is vital, I been banging on this all summer and todays match is a great example of why.

Yep, hopefully Ireland and Given will depart before the window shuts and we can bring in an ACM. The one position we are clearly lacking. Away from home we don't need one but at home we are desperate for it as teams can just sit back safe in the knowledge that our main chances will come from shooting from 25 yards out...badly.

From Howard Hodgson on Twitter  

Fresh from Directors boardroom Villa are in for one more player before the window closes

In answer to questions "who" I wouldn't press the CEO on a name but someone he said "Who would make a difference". #avfc
Edited by omariqy

I do think our transfer activity will all be done abroad from now on. That's where value for money is as well better players more often than not. Not sure what fans thinks of that but suits me as long as we're performing well.

Notice how our first 11 has less and less English players in it? Started with 4 today.

we do indeed need some creativity, by what howard hodgson said its something thats on its way. is that fella reliable?

He's a local businessman - he wrote a report on the club - and hosted a couple meetings in the later stages of Dougs reign - spoke very impressively at the meetings.

Bit surprised he is tweeting under his own name what Faulkner has told him 

Do you think one creative player can make all the difference though? And if so surely it needs to be a pretty impressive player. I think getting this creativity that we are crying out for is not going to be easy.

Edited by Amo69

Do you think one creative player can make all the difference though? And if so surely it needs to be a pretty impressive player. I think getting this creativity that we are crying out for is not going to be easy.

Someone like Merson would make a difference - but I would surprised if Lambert has the clout to buy someone like that - I still reckon we might be interested in Will Hughes - although I don't yet think he is ready to be a star in the prem @ 18

well, i think it needs to be an all around player, a midfield version of someone like benteke, someone large that can boss people around and not fall over as often as delph does, someone thats able to hold on to the ball pick passes and command the airspace a bit more. if hes able to dribble the ball and actually take it forward that would be good too. be good at corners and freekicks. playmaker. might be a bit much to ask from a singular player but hey why the **** not. we need an option for guzan to kick the ball out too.  someone that can score a goal or two, we need to rack some up from the midfielders this season

Howard Hodgson ‏@HowardHodgson 1h

@mcnamee_john I am guessing at Fischer John but PF mentioned no names and I wasn't about to press him..

Howard Hodgson ‏@HowardHodgson 1h

In answer to questions "who" I wouldn't press the CEO on a name but someone he said "Who would make a difference". #avfc

...thank fook...we're buying a centre half who can tackle and head a ball to play with Okore. Edited by King Cropley