Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

None of his signings have proved they deserve to be in the "bomb squad" imo, but i'm certain if we start knocking on the door of top 4/6 then the likes of Vlaar, El Ahmadi and possibly Bennett and Sylla will be shipped out. Lambert has shown he can be pretty ruthless with players and I doubt he'd be one to be sentimental over ones he's signed.

I still think we will make another signing before the window shuts. I'd love it if the Fischer rumours were true, would be amazing. My my head says it just won't happen although Hellinuis's deleted tweet has made me hope a bit more!

In regards to Shawcross, I personally dont think we will be signing but ruling him out because people thinks he doesnt fit Lamberts mould is wrong too. He has shown that he will go after experienced players to if he thinks they will fit. The Dempsey bid last year showed that. 

i am hoping we make two signings before the window closes actually.  But I'll be happy with whatever because I think our business this summer has been superb.

Made signings early

Signed talented players

Got rid of some dross and unwanted players (maybe more to go yet)

Contract extensions for the talent we already have

Signed a 30M plus striker to the club  ;)

I'd like to say I want to see an attacking centre mid coming in, but then without having seen too much of Tonev it's possible that we've already signed one. If N'Zogbia hangs around I'd be happy with that. I think he was a lot more useful and effective towards the tail end of last season than many give him credit for, even if his squad number suggests he'd be a last resort.

• Like 2

Fischer would be a huge 'statement of intent' too. In him, Okore and Benteke we would have three very highly rated young players and if we could keep them 3 past next summer we would really be establishing ourselves as a haven for talented youth in the Premier League.

A haven from what? Winning trophies and earning big wages? :)

Haha, well from sitting on the bench and having limited chances like what would happen at many other teams in the Premier League, obviously some of these players are getting chances at big clubs around Europe or atleast first team action but a lot of the time theres definitely a chance to take a player on and give him a real stage to build as a player.

Best example is Okore. Turns down Chelsea and joins us. 

I think we'd have had a really great summer if we can bring in a

Right back,

Somebody who can play Centre Back and Defensive Midfielder

Attacking Mid.

From players we've already been linked to under Lambert already I'd like:

1. Cavanda

2. Kouyate

3. Fischer, Kiyotake or Wijnaldum

I'd be surprised if we sign anyone else this summer.

Lambert has had a net transfer fund of £26mill since he joined.

For a club of our size (financially), with a turnover of £80m, i'd expect a net transfer fund of £8m a year, so £16m since Lambert joined. 

Just on the deleted tweet from Helenius. If it was his friend and not a player.. why did they overreact and delete the tweet instead of just getting him to tweet.. 'Sorry guys.. i am talking about my brother' or friend or something.

Something Fischy there ;)

I'd be surprised if we sign anyone else this summer.

Lambert has had a net transfer fund of £26mill since he joined.

For a club of our size (financially), with a turnover of £80m, i'd expect a net transfer fund of £8m a year, so £16m since Lambert joined.

Why do think it should be so small?

Right back,

Attacking Mid.

1. Cavanda

2. Kouyate

I'm happy with Herd as a right back option. And as it stands we also still have Alan to call upon if required.........

Right back,

Attacking Mid.

1. Cavanda

2. Kouyate

So it would be great window if only we just spent another £30m ..........I think supporters of most clubs would be saying that

Hughes to Liverpool for £6m mjmooney? Just the sort of potential bid they might leak to the papers to try to get the player looking to move on to them but that would be a poor move for the player (like it was for Downing) and for his current club (who would expect to get nearer £10m). Liverpool need to accept that this is not the 1970s and they are just not the side that everyone wants to play for any longer. Time for us to step in with £8m & add ons and rescue Will it might even be worth having him stay at Derby for a few months to make our bid more attractive to his club and help his development?

• Like 2

Hughes to Liverpool for £6m mjmooney? Just the sort of potential bid they might leak to the papers to try to get the player looking to move on to them but that would be a poor move for the player (like it was for Downing) and for his current club (who would expect to get nearer £10m). Liverpool need to accept that this is not the 1970s and they are just not the side that everyone wants to play for any longer. Time for us to step in with £8m & add ons and rescue Will it might even be worth having him stay at Derby for a few months to make our bid more attractive to his club and help his development?

6M plus Bannan would get him IMO

I'd hate us to spend that kind of money on Hughes to be honest. We could get 2 players every bit as good for that with change left over, based on past activity. No need for ridiculously overhyped, overpriced British players any more. The kid looks decent, but for that kind of money you'd get a guy who'll turn out to be twice the player from abroad, without the "great white British hope" shite attached