Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I'm happy with the strikeforce, but they are a counter-attacking strikeforce. We'll have a similar problem to the O'Neill era - we'll do well away but struggle to break teams down at home. So, we should know what to do and get a creative type in who can 'unlock' a defence.

We also really, really need a defender.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 2

I still say we sign at least 2 more players before close of business.

Definitely an attacking midfielder £6M-8M.

Plus possibly either another CB or another DM from the lower leagues £1M-2M.for Lambert to develop & integrate over a period of time. one thing's for certain, he won't be frightened to throw them in at the deep end should occasion demand.

Don't think a cb will be purchased, we have 4 and think that if injuries occur donacien will be the back up

I'm happy with the strikeforce, but they are a counter-attacking strikeforce. We'll have a similar problem to the O'Neill era - we'll do well away but struggle to break teams down at home. So, we should know what to do and get a creative type in who can 'unlock' a defence.

Definitely disagree that we are a counter attacking team.

Anyone going to the Emerates will be put under pressure for long periods (as we were) This alone does not make us a counter attacking side-Indeed,neither of the penalties came from counter attacks.

I think we have that much variety up front that we are going to be a handful for a lot of teams this season-Just as we were from Febuary onwards last season.The key is that we've become a bit more stable & solid in defence & midfield.

• Like 1

Definitely disagree that we are a counter attacking team.

Anyone going to the Emerates will be put under pressure for long periods (as we were) This alone does not make us a counter attacking side-Indeed,neither of the penalties came from counter attacks.

I think we have that much variety up front that we are going to be a handful for a lot of teams this season-Just as we were from Febuary onwards last season.The key is that we've become a bit more stable & solid in defence & midfield.

Agreed

Shawcross won't happen surely. Too old too expensive. Doesn't fit Lambert's model at all.

I'll be very very surprised if we spend any more than £5m before the end of the window.

Don't know about the price but he is only bloody 25! I for one want to see our defence drastically improved, whether Lambert agrees and sees this guys as part of it, I obviously don't know. What I do know is we concede goals every 'effin match and it must stop.

10 million ? Please. British players are overpriced. Im sure he has targets around Europe who are better and cheaper *coughs* Okore. Who else was on the list Paul? Go get them,

Really like the look of Lestienne. The lad has bags of pace and can pick a pass. Would do well in this league, Belgian as well so a certain Mr. Benteke could have a word in his ear. Looks more of a winger in this video but I'm sure he could play attacking mid just as easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UrcVOuweaM

Brugge are a very good club but moving to the Prem with Villa would be a step up for the lad. 

I'm really liking the players we're being linked to in this window. No over the hill tripe with huge wage demands. All young hungry players with lots of ambition and a desire to succeed.

Long may it continue

EDIT: forget all of the above. Just seen a pic of the lad and he looks like an character from shameless  :blush:

Maxime_Lestienne_002.jpg.h380.jpg

Edited by NorthEastVillan

Really like the look of Lestienne. The lad has bags of pace and can pick a pass. Would do well in this league, Belgian as well so a certain Mr. Benteke could have a word in his ear. Looks more of a winger in this video but I'm sure he could play attacking mid just as easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UrcVOuweaM

Brugge are a very good club but moving to the Prem with Villa would be a step up for the lad. 

I'm really liking the players we're being linked to in this window. No over the hill tripe with huge wage demands. All young hungry players with lots of ambition and a desire to succeed.

Long may it continue

EDIT: forget all of the above. Just seen a pic of the lad and he looks like an character from shameless  :blush:

Maxime_Lestienne_002.jpg.h380.jpg

Is that Buster Brady from Mrs Browns Boys?

Watched Shawcross against Liverpool, he tried to actually pass the ball out and struggled big time. Then just ended up launching the ball.

Exactly. Clogger. He's an upgrade on Collins or Cuellar but thankfully that's not what we're going for.