Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Oh the ITK's that knew nothing about Bent having a medical are suddenly appearing again.

Wonderful.

I am grateful Richard is passing on anything he has heard. He has nothing to gain other than being mocked if nothing happens. Its a snifter of good news on top of a great weekend. I will take it :)

I've never seen anything at all to indicate that Richard is an ITK. (Not getting at your back Richard, I just haven't) Yet he's been duped as an itk for quite a while, is it because he met Paul Lambert some time back(?).

A lot of his comments that's been made has just been general comments, that's also been made by other players. I don't get it. To me the only guy/girl who's close to being an itk on this site is HH.

Feel free to fill me inn if there is something I've completely missed though, most properly I have.

...and that he said Bannan would be gone "Today or Tomorrow" a few weeks ago).

But, a move was on though which came out after HH had said looks as though he will be gone... It's not his fault that Bannan decided not to move to Blackburn for less money. We had no idea that Bannan had even received an offer up until HH said something. So I think you should take that one back, it's only fair.

• Like 1

I think for an AM, ideally we want someone equally at home as a winger and in the hole. It'll need to be someone who starts wide, but drifts in if/when play demands and can run the attacking game behind Benteke, even dropping further back into midfield if needed. That'll also mean that whichever one out of Gabby/Andi who is playing the other side of the initial top 3 is happy enough to keep switching sides.

Sounds like Tonev to me. Think he'll become that AM we need. Him, Gabby and Weimann swapping positions behind Benteke could be awesome.

Think Pardo from Real Sociedad will become a household name within short time. Excellent player + probably last summer we could realistically get him before Real or Barca snap him up. We haven't been linked with him or anything, just hoping in the longest that we're looking to team up a another spaniard with Luna. Or that Lambert have seen the lad play :o

That won't happen. Real Sociedad is a tough club when selling players formed in Zubieta (their academy). They always sign high buyout clauses as Illarramendi (€30m to Real). Last season Real was also interested on him and they ask Pardo's buyouy clause: €30m.

• Like 1

I personally think we need someone in the mould of Rosicky - regardless of his age and injuries, I thought he was Arsenal's best player yesterday. (Not saying we should sign Rosicky because he doesn't fit our criteria where his age is concerned)

He's a player who doesn't necessarily have to play behind the striker to be a creative force. He can play in the centre of the park and move into the right positions to play those creative passes.

• Like 1

Lambert has not put NZog on the market for a reason. He still rates him highly. He was going to be included in the preseason and was pretty pissed when he got injured.

He gave him a bomb squad number though... I suspect the only reason he's not been put up for sale is because he's injured and there'd be no buyers

I think for an AM, ideally we want someone equally at home as a winger and in the hole. It'll need to be someone who starts wide, but drifts in if/when play demands and can run the attacking game behind Benteke, even dropping further back into midfield if needed. That'll also mean that whichever one out of Gabby/Andi who is playing the other side of the initial top 3 is happy enough to keep switching sides.

Sounds like Tonev to me. Think he'll become that AM we need. Him, Gabby and Weimann swapping positions behind Benteke could be awesome.

Maybe in a few  years, but he's not close to being that player now. It'd require more discipline than he has

Oh the ITK's that knew nothing about Bent having a medical are suddenly appearing again.

Wonderful.

I am grateful Richard is passing on anything he has heard. He has nothing to gain other than being mocked if nothing happens. Its a snifter of good news on top of a great weekend. I will take it :)

I've never seen anything at all to indicate that Richard is an ITK. (Not getting at your back Richard, I just haven't) Yet he's been duped as an itk for quite a while, is it because he met Paul Lambert some time back(?).

A lot of his comments that's been made has just been general comments, that's also been made by other players. I don't get it. To me the only guy/girl who's close to being an itk on this site is HH.

Feel free to fill me inn if there is something I've completely missed though, most properly I have.

...and that he said Bannan would be gone "Today or Tomorrow" a few weeks ago).
But, a move was on though which came out after HH had said looks as though he will be gone... It's not his fault that Bannan decided not to move to Blackburn for less money. We had no idea that Bannan had even received an offer up until HH said something. So I think you should take that one back, it's only fair.

I'll do no such thing. I'm saying it as it is.

People slam ITKs when their info proves wrong, which could easily be down to the same thing (player/agent talks break down etc), but for some reason HH is treated like 'THE ITK' and all others are BS.

Credit where it's due, to all of them. We know who they are (well, the less observant or obsessive VTers might not) and that they do get information.

If they get it wrong, or something changes, it doesn't make them (HH or any other) not ITK.

Think Pardo from Real Sociedad will become a household name within short time. Excellent player + probably last summer we could realistically get him before Real or Barca snap him up. We haven't been linked with him or anything, just hoping in the longest that we're looking to team up a another spaniard with Luna. Or that Lambert have seen the lad play :o

That won't happen. Real Sociedad is a tough club when selling players formed in Zubieta (their academy). They always sign high buyout clauses as Illarramendi (€30m to Real). Last season Real was also interested on him and they ask Pardo's buyouy clause: €30m.

Ok, thanks for the info. Makes more sense of his nickname "Pearl of Zubieta" as well.

Alright, not within our reach then. I was thinking he'd might be a £6-10m player at this point and probably would double in price after this season.

Edited by K-Carlsen

Fall guy: Aston Villa's Charles N’Zogbia caused West Bromwich Albion constant problems Photo: GETTY IMAGES

11:00PM GMT 20 Jan 2013

comments.gifComment

Finances are now so tight that Paul Lambert has conceded he may not make a single new addition this month and will need to navigate a route to Premier League survival with his struggling squad.

The pressure is now on players such as N’Zogbia to justify their substantial transfer fees and wages more than ever but at the Hawthorns there were signs that realisation is dawning for the French winger, a £9.5  million buy in 2011.

The former Wigan player excelled in a free role and produced perhaps his finest performance for the club. Tellingly, Lambert withdrew him midway through the second half in a bid to protect him for the three crucial games Villa face in the next nine days.

N’Zogbia will be crucial as Lambert prepares for a season-defining week, with the first challenge on Tuesday as they face Bradford in the second leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final.

Lambert said: “Charles is really talented and is the kind of player who can create things where others might not even try it. I obviously don’t know what happened last season and he has been out injured for six weeks for me but he has that ability to make things happen. He is a talent, there is no two ways about it.

“I’ve spoken to him numerous times and if he can add one or two goals to his game then he would be a very good player.”

Sorry, what's the point in this article? Something from last January saying were not signing anyone and N'Zogbia needs to up his game, what does it prove?

The article is in context (bolded) to the posts above my original post. 

Edited by Morpheus

Fall guy: Aston Villa's Charles N’Zogbia caused West Bromwich Albion constant problems Photo: GETTY IMAGES

john-percy60-60_2378356j.jpg

By John Percy

comments.gifComment

Finances are now so tight that Paul Lambert has conceded he may not make a single new addition this month and will need to navigate a route to Premier League survival with his struggling squad.

The pressure is now on players such as N’Zogbia to justify their substantial transfer fees and wages more than ever but at the Hawthorns there were signs that realisation is dawning for the French winger, a £9.5  million buy in 2011.

The former Wigan player excelled in a free role and produced perhaps his finest performance for the club. Tellingly, Lambert withdrew him midway through the second half in a bid to protect him for the three crucial games Villa face in the next nine days.

N’Zogbia will be crucial as Lambert prepares for a season-defining week, with the first challenge on Tuesday as they face Bradford in the second leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final.

Lambert said: “Charles is really talented and is the kind of player who can create things where others might not even try it. I obviously don’t know what happened last season and he has been out injured for six weeks for me but he has that ability to make things happen. He is a talent, there is no two ways about it.

“I’ve spoken to him numerous times and if he can add one or two goals to his game then he would be a very good player.”

But this is a player who has been poor, bar one or two games. We should write him off as you have done with El Ahmadi?

N'Zogbia has been much more effective than KEA and the article is in context to the response of the poster.

Fall guy: Aston Villa's Charles N’Zogbia caused West Bromwich Albion constant problems Photo: GETTY IMAGES

john-percy60-60_2378356j.jpg

By John Percy

comments.gifComment

Finances are now so tight that Paul Lambert has conceded he may not make a single new addition this month and will need to navigate a route to Premier League survival with his struggling squad.

The former Wigan player excelled in a free role and produced perhaps his finest performance for the club. Tellingly, Lambert withdrew him midway through the second half in a bid to protect him for the three crucial games Villa face in the next nine days.

But this is a player who has been poor, bar one or two games. We should write him off as you have done with El Ahmadi?

N'Zogbia has been much more effective than KEA and the article is in context to the response of the poster.

One or two games, same as KEA.

• Like 1