Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Does Lestienne play on the wing or has he played in the hole as well?

Plays wide, cuts in a lot. Would be good in our formation. Maybe it would mean we'd play Weimann behind Benteke.

Edited by samjp26

£14m is a lot considering apparently Kiyotake was too expensive.  BUT... we need to remember how the fees in the media are far of the mark of how much we actually pay... al la Lowton @ £1m

If the fee really is £14m then I'd say it would be unlikely but he certainly fits the profile of player that lambert likes. He's young, played quite a lot of first team games already, he's just broken into his national squad and he is playing in an inferior league ( Same as Okore, Tonev and Helenius ). I read somewhere recently that Shalke were looking at him for about €9m, at that sort of fee then it could be goer as I do think we are looking for a player like this ( confirmed enquiries for Kiyotake etc )

we dont need anymore wide players, we dont even use winger, and unless gabby and andi pick up injuries, cant really see them being dropped

but however, this kid is young, maybe he has the potential to switch positions and play/adapt to a more central role

we dont need anymore wide players, we dont even use winger, and unless gabby and andi pick up injuries, cant really see them being dropped

but however, this kid is young, maybe he has the potential to switch positions and play/adapt to a more central role

We have Tonev as back-up for Gabby but personally I don't think we have back-up for Weimann apart from Bowery, who isn't really suited to the role in my opinion.

People saying £14m will be too much based on Kiyotake, but could it be what Nurnberg wanted was too much for Kiyotake? Whereas if Lambert thinks this Lestienne is worth £14m, so Lerner will stump up the cash. I don't think money is a problem if the Board/Lambert thinks the players worth. Unsure whether to believe this though, it does seem a lot, but then again I've never seen him play.

• Like 1