Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Delfouneso going on loan. expected to be announced today. Not happy with loaning the bomb squad out. Sell them for nothing if you have to. No point having the same problem next season or they walk out free. Just cut them loose now.

http://www.calcionews24.com/bologna-su-capuano-spunta-l-aston-villa-332662.html

Can we have a thread for this yet? Or does it have to be a British source? Also.... He has a beard.... (Of sorts) not as good as Tony's but hey.... A beards a beard!!!

Trent said its not happening, so I doubt it.

oh well... Only a matter of time before a British journo pipes up, puts it on the web/in the papers and says he's got a "scoop"

http://www.calcionews24.com/bologna-su-capuano-spunta-l-aston-villa-332662.html

Can we have a thread for this yet? Or does it have to be a British source? Also.... He has a beard.... (Of sorts) not as good as Tony's but hey.... A beards a beard!!!

Trent said its not happening, so I doubt it.

As far as I know Trent isn't ITK and has never claimed to be.

Delfouneso going on loan. expected to be announced today. Not happy with loaning the bomb squad out. Sell them for nothing if you have to. No point having the same problem next season or they walk out free. Just cut them loose now.

doesn't make a great deal of difference with someone like Fonz. it's probably the case that no-one else wants to pay him as much as he's currently on & he's got a year left with us so our choice is either pay him off (which will cost most/all of the year's contract), let him go to another club for free (but presumably have to pay some/most of his contract anyway, 'cause he won't have requested transfer) or loan him out (and probably split the contract with loaning club).

I don't think the club is stupid - if we were able to make money selling these players we would, but seems we're mostly having to look for least-bad option.

Don't you think that is what the club want too? Seems like nobody wants to take on these players' wages. 

User Actions
  Follow
3a851afbcaa58c82b59688f30dfcf4df_normal.MARK K HOMERUN SHOW@sinefmshomerun

Doncaster Rovers are close to signing Aston Villa duo Stephen Ireland and Shay Given.

I pray to McGrath that this is true but of course,sadly, it isn't. 

Dickov himself has said that he has made a loan enquiry for Shay but not for Ireland and the media were just putting 2 and 2 together.

Anyway in other news, Boateng says we need 3 more players.

Aston Villa news: "Three new players needed"

aston-villa-news-three-new-players-neede

The Aston Villa bench watch on at Luton Town's Kenilworth Road (Action Images)

by Patrick Jennings

26th July 2013 2:56pm BST

Exclusive

Former Aston Villa midfielder George Boateng says it is great the club has convinced Christian Benteke to stay, but more signings are now required.

Speaking exclusively to SportsDirect News, Boateng said: “I'm happy Benteke has chosen to stay.

“It's the right decision because he can still develop his game at Villa", he added.

“If Benteke had left I would have been worried because last season was very hard, but I think Villa will do much better next year."

For Boateng however, his former side's prospects over the forthcoming campaign still depend on the arrival of a few more quality players at Villa Park this summer.

He said: “I would like to see them sign another top striker, a midfielder and another senior centre-back, so that they have leaders in every line.

“What has happened with Stilian Petrov is extremely sad but they need to replace him in the side, they have to.

“They need a ball-winner in the middle – maybe a younger George Boateng?”

He continued: “With Ron Vlaar at centre-back I think they have a strong leader but they could do with another.

"Gabriel Agbonlahor and Benteke are excellent up front but if one of the two get injured then the team could be in trouble.

“If Benteke is staying it looks as if Darren Bent will leave so another striker will be needed too."

No, I don't think Boateng is right. Between Westwood, Sylla and Delph (and Clark) we're OK for players who can sit. We could do with a creator if anything. I also think we're OK up top. Definitely we would be improved considerably by a quality centre half though.

If we get rid of Bent and Fonz (which i think is what we're doing) 

We definitely need a striker. 

What happens if Gabby & Benteke get injured? We've got Weimann as our only striker. At a club IMO you need 4 players capable of playing a striker role. 

If we get rid of Bent and Fonz (which i think is what we're doing) 

We definitely need a striker. 

What happens if Gabby & Benteke get injured? We've got Weimann as our only striker. At a club IMO you need 4 players capable of playing a striker role. 

In the unlikely event that they do get injured, Helenius, Burke, Robinson and Bowery can all play there.