Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Things are shit now aren't they? Has anybody else felt a huge weight back on their shoulders now that Benteke has done what he has? Back to worried stage again and I don't know why!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Things are shit now aren't they? Has anybody else felt a huge weight back on their shoulders now that Benteke has done what he has? Back to worried stage again and I don't know why!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

If we had mcleish in charge and we had to replace benteke id be worried, but we don't. We do however have a manager who uses a european wide scouting network and has a long term plan to bring success back here, CB quitting is a low blow but we have a manager who has earned my trust through his previous dealings.

Inlambertwetrust

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

Honestly, I'm not that concerned personally. Damn fine player, no doubt about it, but if his sale allows us to become a more balanced threat than just Team Benteke, it'll work out well

• Like 1

Like Jim says, we've finally got a guy who's fully competent fighting our corner. The only thing I'm concerned about is conceding goals and tbh Okore's arrival has at least quelled that worry until further evidence is available.

When we sell both Bent and Benteke for a combined £30m we need to reinvest at least half of that back into the squad. I would hope that we will go after at least 1 striker, plus an attacking midfielder.

However, with Benteke going it doesn't mean that we will actually spend any money until the wage bill comes down. Desperate for Given and Ireland to follow Bent out of the door so that Lambert is able to really improve our squad.

I would look to take Sigurrdson and £15m off Spurs for Benteke.

• Like 1

Anybody considered we could maybe go back to Genk for Jelle Vossen?

Benteke's old strike partner, has a record of about 1 in 2 games in the Belgian League and he was the original target Lambert went to look at before scouting Benteke.

Edited by samjp26

benteke was in his past arrested aswell for being involved with a car jacking? and how does he fit in the lambert policy?

There's a bit of a difference between being accused of theft then acquitted and sent to jail for rape.

How about just offering FC Schalker Benteke for Draxler. Going to love the next few hours off crap again.

So now Benteke's only worth £7m?! ;)

Well it just seems to me that most people on here thought that Draxler was worth 30Million Euros and that made me laugh! If that's  the case we should do a straight swap for Draxler ( A 19 year old still developing in bone structure and mentaly, unproven in the PL for a 22 year old who saved our butts from the championship).

Edited by becks1876

Being proven in the Premier League means absolutely nothing...as we well know. And Draxler is more than proven in the Bundesliga...

I don't believe that for one second, we play a far faster pace game and more physical than most European countrys.

How about just offering FC Schalker Benteke for Draxler. Going to love the next few hours off crap again.

So now Benteke's only worth £7m?! ;)

Well it just seems to me that most people on here thought that Draxler was worth 30Million Euros and that made me laugh! If that's  the case we should do a straight swap for Draxler ( A 19 year old still developing in bone structure and mentaly, unproven in the PL for a 22 year old who saved our butts from the championship).

A 22 year old who was still developing in bone structure and mentality, unproven in the PL 12 months ago...

Get Charlie Austin in. Ive heard good things about him and that hes similar to Shearer. His strike rate is very Impressive (a goal every 144 minutes) even if it is lower league.  Maybe his deal to Hull fell through when he heard there might be a chance of signing for the Villa...

Kieran Trippier is worth a punt. Ok we already have Lowton, but I've a feeling Trippier might be excellent in a season or two. Needs to improve his defending but for £3M I'd take him.

This!! With the money from selling CB we should have plenty cash to replace him, sign a RB and a CAM... Squad sorted...

Tripper £3m

Batshuayi or Finnbogason £6m

Kiyotake £10m

£19m spent and the squad looks pretty good for this season, only problem is if neither Helenius or Batshuayi/Finnbogason hit the ground running...

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Get Charlie Austin in. Ive heard good things about him and that hes similar to Shearer. His strike rate is very Impressive (a goal every 144 minutes) even if it is lower league.  Maybe his deal to Hull fell through when he heard there might be a chance of signing for the Villa...

He failed a medical because of a knee injury.