Sunderland

Richard

Player power won over an utter word removed of a manager so I don't see that as being in any way typical of their squad character, particularly given the fact that he ASKED them to call the bosses. I wouldn't derive anything from a player's behaviour under di Canio.

Disagree, their is a way for a manager to behave in the media, fair enough if he was winning games, but he wasn't. You shouldn't go to fans and state its your fault, then go to the media and slate someone like John O'Shea. He made a stupid decision in getting rid of one of his better players and replacing him with Borini.

why cant O'Shea get criticism though. His red card vs Crystal Palace was something you wouldnt get on a under 8 games. it was disgraceful for a guy that has won champions league. 

I agree he went too far in public but some of them players are getting away with it, they conceded so many easy goals from set-pieces that they should have been fined. basic mistakes from professional footballers. If i made a basic mistake in my job id get moaned at

Edited by Zatman

Because if it was in isolation then fair enough Zatman but PdC never stopped criticising his players in public. We can only imagine what he was like behind closed doors. From what we do know about what was going on there, you can't treat people like that, no matter how we might pretend you can as fans - because it was funny to watch. The fact of the matter is that there is a way to behave as a person and there's a way to treat people. Di Canio hasn't a clue how to do that and he was quite rightly removed from his role. He was such a destructive influence in Sunderland. The players never rebelled until di Canio asked them to. Then they duly obliged. He brought it on himself with his behaviour and then he prompted the phone call that got him sacked. How anyone can blame the players in that impossible position I don't know. The man was ruining Sunderland from the inside out.

SikhInTrinity there was various first teamers as well mate

Not to an extent where they rang up RL to remove him right? I think the two situations were completely different. You still have players like Petrov, Barry, Milner, Young, Carew praising MON whether we like him or not. Di Canio will not get that level of praise from anyone.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Kevin Ball in charge for Saturday, think they feel they won't get much on Sat. So bring in a new manager for next 3 games of Swansea, Newcastle and Hull.

Would be quite funny if Newcastle was the new manager's second game in charge, as that was also Di Canio's second game.

Former Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio issues a statement following his dismissal where he says there was "no training ground bust up".

He added: "The players have since sent me messages thanking me for my time as their manager and helping them improve as footballers."

They were so thankful that they got you the sack. Deluded.

What's this about kmac and players celebrating him not getting the villa job, first I've heard of it

Players celebrating the departure of MON, not that KMac didn't get the job. At least that was my understanding. I thought a lot of the players at the time were fairly vocal in their support for KMac.

What's this about kmac and players celebrating him not getting the villa job, first I've heard of it

Players celebrating the departure of MON, not that KMac didn't get the job. At least that was my understanding. I thought a lot of the players at the time were fairly vocal in their support for KMac.
yeah seems more logical, I remember a lot of player s celebrating with kmac during the west ham and Everton wins

Â