World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

Mexico beat Jamaica 1-0 last night, they are back on course to be at Rio. A huge month for South American teams. I think Uruguay will somehow qualify leaving Venezuela in the playoffs.

Uruguay are finished, on a rotten run and havent won a qualifier since June last year and if dont win in Venezuela next week will be in big trouble. Venezuela have Bolivia and Uruguay get 4 points and they will be uncatchable i think

Just seen the table, and Ecuador are 2nd :huh::blink:

Amazing! I don't think Ecuador have been that high in the table since this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq0IQ-QH3No

• Like 2

but their players are aging. They had an old squad at World Cup and kept loyal to too many players and since Forlan lost his way they havent replaced him as the brains of the team

I can only judge him from games in the Champions League because I don't follow the Turkish League, nor do I watch Uruguay games. In the Champions League he was impressive, but you have probably seen him more then me, so your opinion may be more valid.

Suarez is suspended for the Venezuela game. :D

What is he suspended for?   He hasn't bit anybody while playing for Uruguay as far as I am aware and I think he got away with punching the Chilean defender last month because the referee didn't see it,  so it must be that the media are against him or something...

• Like 1

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they picked up the chile case. Think there was a story about it like 1 month after it happened, but didn`t really think much about it. But pretty certain that is it.

Forlan is still in the Uruguay set up. I am surprised by that. Anyway it is a huge day for the qualifiers today, I fancy Netherlands or Bosnia will be the 1st European sides at the finals this summer

Be great to see Bosnia make it, rough luck for them to get Portugal twice in the play offs. They have some decent players too like Dzeko, Ibesevic,Begovic, Panjic and Muslimovic so not sure they'd be a walkover in whichever group they end up in.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree, they have a top team, and in 2010 had Spain in their group so would be difficult to win that and 2012 they had France. They deserve this easyish group and I look forward to seeing them in Brazil next summer.

Â