World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

Montenegro are losing 2-0 at home to Ukraine. That I believe is not an ideal result for England. A draw would of been better. Ukraine have not played any of their games against San Marino yet. Thats a guaranteed 6 points to add to their total

Edited by Voinjama

Ukraine winning 0-3 in Montenegro will perhaps make people realise Montenegro are not all that. A few people were getting carried away with regards to their opinions on their quality.

Finland beat Belarus 1-0...Belarus scoring own goal :P. The usual problems with finns, messed up the last pass or play what would've gotten them good scoring chance. Some of the players looked rusty due not getting to play like Pukki for example.

No idea how Argentina didn't score then. Crazy block and Goalkeeping

Colombia red card. Crazy start to this game.

EDIT - Wow Higuain red card aswell 

Edited by Bradd92

Surprise defeat for Ecuador has brought Peru right back into the equation. Looks like Argentina and Colombia are definitely going, and Ecuador will probably go in 3rd place. That leaves 4 countries fighting over the rest of the places. Uruguay would need 3 wins from 5 games to qualify for the world cup  I think.

ireland have only been unlucky in 82 and 2010 the rest of times we werent good enough even though we lost playoffs.

Australia if anybody was **** over the most by having to play a play off each time

Indeed, their team at the turn of the century were class and deserved to be in the world cup. Of course, that disappointment made their eventual success in 06 all the sweeter.

Quite ironic that the clogging, mediocre team that is today's Australia team is pretty much guaranteed qualification every 4years, yet the gifted side of 02 did not go through.

Connoisseurs of Australian football say the 97 98 was better than the 2006 side which reached the 2nd round. is that really true? Who did they have in the late 90s that was so good? Our Bosnich was in goal for them, but I thought the 2006 side were awesome.

Â