World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

The current Brazil team is the worst I've seen. Has there been a worse one?

their 2006 team was pretty bad, some top names on paper but either too old or no balance to the team

Brazil were good enough to win the Copa America in 2004 and 2007, so you might be clutching at straws with that one.

not really they were different teams. from team that played in 2004 only Adriano, Julio Cesar, Luisao, Cris (reserve keeper and defenders) and Juan was in world cup squad.

and from 2007 victory except Robinho and Juan was only a few reserves from World Cup squad like MIneiro, Gilberto, Fred.

they played great in them 2 tournaments but for World Cup added Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Juninho, Lucio and Dida and ruined their balance

The same is true of Rio Ferdinand.   He missed Euro 2012 through injury, England failed to qualify for Euro 2008 and he 'forgot to piss in a bottle' before Euro 2004.  He wasn't selected for Euro 2000 despite being in the World Cup 98 squad. 

I was born in the same year as Michael Owen and would have been in the same year at school as Rio Ferdinand.  I got over the footballers making me feel old quite early in life. :lol:

• 2 months later...

IMO the best Montenengro will do from the away games against Poland and England will be two draws, could easily lose one of them. Everyone bigging up Ukraine but they only drew away at an awful Moldova didn't they- I still think England will win the group tbh.

Some interesting games this week. Japan-Australia, Aussies in big danger of even missing out on a play off place if they lose, not a huge shock to me when the average age of their team seems to be about 36.

And Jamaica-Mexico 2am Wednesday morning. Loads of people tipping mexico to do well in 2014, need to quality first as they've drawn 3/3 so far including two 0-0s at the Azteca. I do think they'll win in Kingston though.

Japan vs Australia live on British Eurosport 2 tomorrow at 11:30 am.

A draw would see Japan become the first team to qualify for the 2014 World Cup.

Edited by TRS-T

IMO the best Montenengro will do from the away games against Poland and England will be two draws, could easily lose one of them. Everyone bigging up Ukraine but they only drew away at an awful Moldova didn't they- I still think England will win the group tbh.

Yeah, even if Ukraine win both games vs San Marino, that'd only put them on what Montenegro are currently on. I really don't rate Ukraine and if England fail to pick up 4 points from the 2 games, that'd be an very disappointing return against them. I think it'll come down to the England v Montenegro game. A draw and I think they could probably win the group, otherwise we will.

I still think Poland arent out of it completely in your group. Dropped a few points but they have a game in hand and if win that they are 1 point behind England

Â