The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Thats from a fans point of view but I think Woody may be alluding to how much he sold it for, if his aim was make money then he has. As for the Villa only time will tell to whether he manages to make money from it.

True...his father bought the Browns for about $530m, and Randy sold the club for about $1b....doesn't take much business skill to sell an NFL team, but that's a tidy profit anyway you look at it.

Its obvious to anyone what lerner is trying to do.

He wants to change the philosophy of the coaching to something like what Tony Dungy did in the nfl.

He thinks anyone over the age of 23 is too set in their ways and will not respond to it. Especially English and Irish working class lads so he's bombed the old pro's out of the team only Dunne, Ireland and Bent are left, but they'll be on their way soon.

just the middle class country boys like Nathan Baker and Ceiran Clarke.

I can't believe that Lambert uses this softly softly approach.

"don't get upset Ceiran, don't listen to the fans Barry they're animals who work in factorys"

The problem we have is that in a relegation scrap you need a screaming sergent major like Tony Pulis. and Dungys team first season was a write off too. Lerner has accepted relegation as a consequence, so get your sat nav's ready for huddesfield next season.

Purging the club of working class players was certainly part of the "Five Year Plan" Class warfare at Aston Villa, eh?

Edited by maqroll

Thats from a fans point of view but I think Woody may be alluding to how much he sold it for, if his aim was make money then he has. As for the Villa only time will tell to whether he manages to make money from it.

True...his father bought the Browns for about $530m, and Randy sold the club for about $1b....doesn't take much business skill to sell an NFL team, but that's a tidy profit anyway you look at it.

Just think how much he would have got if they had been any use!

Its obvious to anyone what lerner is trying to do.

He thinks anyone over the age of 23 is too set in their ways and will not respond to it. Especially English and Irish working class lads so he's bombed the old pro's out of the team only Dunne, Ireland and Bent are left, but they'll be on their way soon.

just the middle class country boys like Nathan Baker and Ceiran Clarke.

I can't believe that Lambert uses this softly softly approach.

"don't get upset Ceiran, don't listen to the fans Barry they're animals who work in factorys"

Its the class system, its all clear now, Bodymorr Heath is like scene from upstairs downstairs

"In fact, you could argue that he is quite the genius because he is potentially going to make money out of a product that is completely shit!!"

How is he going to make money from Villa now?

Simply by cutting more costs. 

.......and then selling.

But how much cost cutting can he do? AVFC still owes Randy a massive amount of money in loans. No one will buy AVFC for £150-200m to pay off the loans while we're in the Premiership. There's no chance of that happening in the Championship. So I don't see how he's going to be making any money any time soon. 

It would take years for Randy to even break even, making a profit will just not happen for aaages, and that's if we stay in the Premier League. 

Edited by PieFacE

Just think how much he would have got if they had been any use!

The quality of players and wins:losses never factors in to the selling price of an NFL club. Revenue is guaranteed across the league- pooled merchandise money, pooled TV deal money, etc. Sold out games are a virtual lock, so no matter how bad the team is (only 8 home games a year), gate money is never in doubt. The only thing that can really affect the selling price of an NFL club is the condition of the stadium, and the ownership status of the land the stadium is on. The Lerners built a brand new stadium for the Browns, and I believe they owned the land, so when all is said and done, he got about as much as possible in that deal.

• Like 1

It's just a shame Villa hasn't benefitted from any of it. It's almost criminal.

Though when Lerner was making his family trust lend money to his personal asset, the general view of fans seemed to be that he was doing us a favour for which we should be grateful, rather than transferring money between two parts of his financial empire.

How much of that is left after taxes?

I think US Tax evasion might be part of the reason as to why the Lerner Trust moved money into us, rather than for any our benefit, hence why we have to give them interest on top of the loan.

The man comes from the banking industry so has no scruples.

• Like 1

"In fact, you could argue that he is quite the genius because he is potentially going to make money out of a product that is completely shit!!"

How is he going to make money from Villa now?

Simply by cutting more costs. 

.......and then selling.

But how much cost cutting can he do? AVFC still owes Randy a massive amount of money in loans. No one will buy AVFC for £150-200m to pay off the loans while we're in the Premiership. There's no chance of that happening in the Championship. So I don't see how he's going to be making any money any time soon. 

It would take years for Randy to even break even, making a profit will just not happen for aaages, and that's if we stay in the Premier League. 

So this Summer we have a clearout of players who don't want to play in the Championship - Benteke, Weimann, Gabby, Bent, Ireland, Given, Vlaar for example - that will recoup him about £50m to pay of some of the loans. He is still left with the capital in the club itself, name, ground, land the business own, Bodymoor Heath etc etc.......he ain't gonna lose a penny thats for sure.

He will ride off into the sunset to meet up with his Military Uncle and have a good laugh at us

It's just a shame Villa hasn't benefitted from any of it. It's almost criminal.

I wouldn't say it was criminal, but I would question what Randy thinks he is adding to Villa under his ownership. He's already displayed he's a lousy football administrator, and he's not putting any of his considerable wealth into the club any more. He doesn't attend many games and isn't actively involved in the day to day running of the club. 

So, what's the point in Randy owning Villa? 

I think there is a chance he's looking to sell up. 

With the new Prem league spending rules announced today I think there is 2 things we can safety say

1) Randy weither he wants to /has the funds too can no longer put alot of cash into club

2)Now an owner can't invest heavily into a club chances of anyone ever wanting to buy us has nose dived.

Â