The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I s'pose that it is relevant to report that Randy Lerner has arrived in Birmingham, as predicted by the national press!

Interviewing today?

I hope so, we need to have plans in place already and a list of managers drawn up at the very least.

Hopefully Lerner and Faulkner will have learnt from last year and have plans in place already. Last year was strange as we seemed slow off the mark and got caught out, even though it was obvious for months that Houllier wouldn't be able to carry on. Similarly it has been obvious for months that McLeish wasn't working out for us, and plans should already have been made in advance of the decision to remove him.

I s'pose that it is relevant to report that Randy Lerner has arrived in Birmingham, as predicted by the national press!

Interviewing today?

I hope so, we need to have plans in place already and a list of managers drawn up at the very least.

Hopefully Lerner and Faulkner will have learnt from last year and have plans in place already. Last year was strange as we seemed slow off the mark and got caught out, even though it was obvious for months that Houllier wouldn't be able to carry on. Similarly it has been obvious for months that McLeish wasn't working out for us, and plans should already have been made in advance of the decision to remove him.

I suspect that plans are fairly well advanced.

I would be very surprised if we are still managerless by close of business Friday.

But that is just me speculating, I am not an ITK person.

Interviewing today?

I would be very surprised if we are still managerless by close of business Friday.

e

if its true that Faulkner was out in the states for 3 days last week with Randy you'd hope plans were afoot and I dare say Randy wouldn't fly in just to approach somebody so perhaps this could be sorted very quickly

Interviewing today?

PF did say they knew he would go after the Bolton game. So I am sure they have been planning before they sacked him.

Good news, lessons seemed to have been learnt. Fingers crossed we do this correctly this time, and get the right man in fairly quickly so he can overhaul the squad during the summer.

Interviewing today?

Really positive news, looks like things moving at pace

Lessons learned hopefully

If they honestly believe mad mick is the answer then that's it for me.

You know very well they are not interested in that guy. It`s just another excuse to have a little moan.

The words from Monday and Tuesday mean nothing to me. They lost my trust on appointment of McLeish. This time last year Falkner said they wanted to appoint somebody who is a best match for the club and it's fans. They targeted, tapped up and appointed Alex McLeish.

And sadly, with that - they lost a lot of trust from a lot of people. Actions speak louder than words.

Appoint Mick McCarthy and genuinely - that's it from me. Because they clearly couldn't give a ****. They might think they do. But they don't.

I really don't think they would have McCarthy on the list evan, like some one else pointed out contact could just mean his agent calling Villa and dropping a few hints he's keen via the media... Although preferable to McCleish to sign up McCarthy would be completely ridiculous and would almost have made sacking McCleish pointless, although the board have previously been worryingly inept in their last managerial selection process, taking them on their word they seem to at least be acknowledging that now and are saying the right things to idicate they have listened to the fans.

fair play to Lerner for at least being quick and decisive in correcting his mistake. right thing to let him take us to the end of the season too.

he simply has to get this next apppointment right or the lerner out protests will start.

i had accepted Lerner would give his man another season as id completely lost faith in his judgement, so this was a nice surprise. I worry though which good managers are available who would consider us at the moment, knowing the size of the task at hand, and the crazy expectation levels..

You know very well they are not interested in that guy. It`s just another excuse to have a little moan.

The words from Monday and Tuesday mean nothing to me. They lost my trust on appointment of McLeish. This time last year Falkner said they wanted to appoint somebody who is a best match for the club and it's fans. They targeted, tapped up and appointed Alex McLeish.

And sadly, with that - they lost a lot of trust from a lot of people. Actions speak louder than words.

Appoint Mick McCarthy and genuinely - that's it from me. Because they clearly couldn't give a ****. They might think they do. But they don't.

It will be KMAC over Mcarthy

It will be KMAC over Mcarthy

You would have thought it would have been KMAC over McLeish, Randy Lerner makes me very nervous :?

Some posters in here have said that Lerner seems naive...I don't believe that for a second that Lerner is even remotely naive in anything, he is american billionaire businessman and he clearly likes to do things correctly but I bet he can be as shrewd and fierce as any other owner of the premier league club but he chooses not to...and who gets to meet that side of Lerner will probably regret it.

I know Aston Villa fans wish that he wouldn't be as nice as he seems to be, which I sometimes hope as well but there's time and place for everything.

Some posters in here have said that Lerner seems naive...I don't believe that for a second that Lerner is even remotely naive in anything, he is american billionaire businessman and he clearly likes to do things correctly but I bet he can be as shrewd and fierce as any other owner of the premier league club but he chooses not to...and who gets to meet that side of Lerner will probably regret it.

I know Aston Villa fans wish that he wouldn't be as nice as he seems to be, which I sometimes hope as well but there's time and place for everything.

Lets clear one thing up. Randy is no Branson or Sugar.

Randy did not MAKE billions He was just lucky enough to be born into a family where he inherited a fortune, and an already successful business which is more than likely just looking after itself by the infrastructure put into place long before he had anything to do with it. There are probably extremely astute, and highly qualified people working for the company who make all the decisions that continue the success of the company.

This is a far cry from what is happening at Aston Villa. He has people running the club/advising him about how to run it who have no idea about football. He takes advice from someone who has no interest in the future of Aston Villa with regards to who he should appoint as manager? (SAF on AML) How pathetic.

A GOOD businessman finds people who know the business to run the business. A GOOD businessman doesn't ask his competitors about what is good for his own business. A GOOD businessman doesn't upset his clients by doing exactly what they don't want.

The man may have good intentions - but he clearly has NO clue.

Â