The Randy Lerner thread

CI

This thread is just crap... Look what this man has given us? We aren't just fickle but ungrateful brats as well.

Lerner doesn't buy the players, he has a team around him that he puts his faith into.

AMc isn't the best. But if Tiger Woods was swinging my golf Clubs he wouldn't play at his best either. Give him until next Christmas.

This is a long investment for Lerner, not a day trade or a passion play. He is just getting the club through a hellish financial time, we will bounce back a lot stronger from this, as long as the fans don't undermine him before hand.

This man is not a clown, he wants to make money, so to bring us back, and has a plan to do it!

As Small Heath puts it, "keep right on to the end on of the road"!?!?... But in our case we will be "Prepared"

But if someone could put more heart and teeth in our playing staff, splendid..

Like the footballing great Mary Poppings told us.... "Free flowing football helps the medicine go down!" or something like it...

This thread is just crap... Look what this man has given us? We aren't just fickle but ungrateful brats as well.

Lerner doesn't buy the players, he has a team around him that he puts his faith into.

AMc isn't the best. But if Tiger Woods was swinging my golf Clubs he wouldn't play at his best either. Give him until next Christmas.

This is a long investment for Lerner, not a day trade or a passion play. He is just getting the club through a hellish financial time, we will bounce back a lot stronger from this, as long as the fans don't undermine him before hand.

This man is not a clown, he wants to make money, so to bring us back, and has a plan to do it!

As Small Heath puts it, "keep right on to the end on of the road"!?!?... But in our case we will be "Prepared"

Like the footballing great Mary Poppings told us.... "Free flowing football helps the medicine go down!" or something like it...

With respect mate Lerner appears to be clueless in footballing matters.

He's rich and successful which makes this even more disturbing that he would appoint someone with no experience to run the day to day activities (Faulkner) and then appoint Mcleish with a record as bad as his and being known for playing boring predictable dross, Villa may not be ManU or ManC but no Villan will ever accept a team just rolling over before a ball is kicked!!

FFS 3rd in a 2 horse race and relegated twice in 3 seasons. Could soon be 3 times in 4 that's how bad he has us playing. And before someone points out that this is a Lerner thread not Mcleish it's up to Lerner to deal with a mistake solely of his making.

Lerner either needs to take this serious or piss off now.

Theres so much wrong with this

I am alone in feeling I've been taken for a ride by RL and his cronies

He needs to come out of hiding and address the situation

The Club and it's fans deserve this

He was here for the Bolton game........ :D

He probably decided to come over after he'd found out the game had been postponed.

He arrived before there was any hint of it being postponed. Of course he may have decided to stay longer than planned after he found out that it was postponed :winkold:

You need a hobby, or help,.............. something anyway.

I am alone in feeling I've been taken for a ride by RL and his cronies

You're not alone at all. Lerner is a complete fraud.

In what way is he a fraud? He has backed all of his managers to varying degrees, but backed them nonetheless. Lerner has delivered on a number of fronts, but unfortunately he has presided over 2 of the top 5 worst managers in our history, something that i agree that he must take responsibility for, but doesn't make him a fraud.

Had he sorted out the O'Neill problem much earlier, and appointed anyone but McLeish, then things would be so much rosier.

Anyway, let's raise our glasses to a potential new owner, potless and asset stripping,so that we can see what a real fraud feels like.

Maybe the word fraud is a bit strong but we're certainly no where near the club we were led to believe we'd be.

We're pretty much as bad as we were under the ownership of doug and i can't wait till this prick spends all of his time just making the people of cleveland unhappy with his baffling ridiculous decision making.

Had he sorted out the O'Neill problem much earlier, and appointed anyone but McLeish, then things would be so much rosier.

If's and but's.

He didn't do that and now we are really deep in the shit and things aren't anywhere near being rosy. We've been in some sort of transition phase for the past 18 months with a terrible manager and we look like relegation fodder.

He needs to sell as soon as possible.

However your look at it Lerner is responsible for the catastrophic mess we find ourselves in. He ultimately is responsible for the hiring of both managers and players either by directly deciding to hire someone like McLeish or giving a manager free reign to sign players like MON. Either way the buck stops with him.

The really sad thing is it all started so well. Villa finally get the right sort of owner and we get a good manager. A dream team I think the media called it and Lerner was held up as the model of foreign ownership.

Its all turned to shit now and the only rationale conclusion you can draw is that Lerner know naff all about running sports 'franchises'. I can't say I know much about American Football but I do know that the Cleveland Browns are pretty much seen as a laughing stock and Villa are rapidly following them.

Well his Waterloo is very rapidly approaching. We have lost around 6,000 off attendances at VP and I suspect ST sales will be well down for next season. Assuming we stay in the PL, which is far from certain, I predict sub 30k gates. Its all very well to cut costs which is right given our bloated wage bill (thanks MON) but the club have ignored the revenue side and that is going to come back to bite them.

I have come to the conclusion the quicker Lerner goes the better. He is little short of a disaster.

Possibly the best article I've ever read on Villa, sums up everything you need to know about our current situation under Lerner:

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/aston-villa-prophets-and-losses.html

He is very powerless at the moment, and to be honest it all traces back to O'Neill (though Randy should never have allowed him to have such a free-reign).

It's his fault for the financial mess we are in. It's his fault he hired houllier and it's his fault he hired Mcleish.

If he hadn't taken over from doug at a point when we were falling as a club there is no way he'd get away with how crap we are right now.

Still amazes me people are so quick to make excuses for him and blindly back him.

How can anyone look at the browns and still believe Lerner is going to do anything good at this club?

If's and but's.

He didn't do that and now we are really deep in the shit and things aren't anywhere near being rosy. We've been in some sort of transition phase for the past 18 months with a terrible manager and we look like relegation fodder.

He needs to sell as soon as possible.

I just don't see who he could possibly sell to. If you don't end up with an oil baron, you end up with a crook. I'll always stick up for Lerner apart from with McLeish which was a gamble that would never work. We need a football powerbroker like David Dein to work with a manager who knows what 21st century football is all about

Am I correct in recalling that our accounts show a wage increase since O'Neill's departure? If so that tells me all I need to know about Lerner's financial stewardship.

It's been mighty tough to get rid of O'Neill's deadwood though. Not sure what Randy could do other than to pay off their contracts which would cost as much plus you need to get new players in. We've sold our best players and as a result have needed to replace them. I think this will change in the summer when we can finally get rid of Heskey and co. I still blame the wage situation solely on O'Neill. Lerner will have given him a certain wage budget to give him the best chance of succeeding but O'Neill got so little value for money it is untrue.

Â