The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I'm one of the more positive fans and agree that Villa fans can definitely be too miserable but I think under McLeish we have no hope.

I'm in the same boat. I'm all for giving managers a chance but I've never rated McLeish and he hasn't done anything to convince me. I'm not a boo-boy but I really want him to leave. I'd take Mark Hughes right about now please.

The club is screaming out for a DoF, someone like Sir GT, somebody PF / RL can bounce footballing decisions off -

Should we really sign Jermain Jenas on loan without specific clauses relating to fitness - NO

Robbie Keane, 2 months of bench warming for £500k, shall we - NO

Shall we try and sign the Captain of the Chinese National side - YES

etc etc

The club is screaming out for a DoF, someone like Sir GT, somebody PF / RL can bounce footballing decisions off -

Should we really sign Jermain Jenas on loan without specific clauses relating to fitness - NO

Robbie Keane, 2 months of bench warming for £500k, shall we - NO

etc etc

I was under the impression that Sir GT was somebody that they did bounce footballing ideas off.

On a separate, but kind of relative note Sir Herbert was on WM tonight claiming tht he and PF were 'close' so perhaps we actually have a DOF :winkold:

I thought he had something like 96% of them and is now in the process of buying the rest?

Randy owns 100% of the club. Not sure where you've heard that. Once he owned those 96% it triggered a clause where the other 4% had no choice but to sell.

Aston Villa have a shareholder-ship of 1.

Correct, he has held all the shares for a number of years so nothing has changed in this regard.

What did change is that he created new shares in the club and purchased them himself as a means of putting money into the club, which isn't all that different to what Ellis did when he floated the club only he didn't buy them himself. Obviously as Ellis never put a penny in he let the fans buy them from him, made a fortune then ran the club so badly that their value dropped through the floor.

Say what?

Yeah agree, get the deal done, it's a no brainer, potentially another 100m fans overnight. Nothing to lose here, everything to gain

Maybe if he had spent money on ensuring we have a top scouting network rather than a hardly used pub we might not be trying to buy team's cast offs.

He would have, had O'Neill requested, of that I'm sure. The Holte Pub was a disgrace and should have been rectified many years earlier as part of the Trinity development, Doug broke an agreement with the council in doing so. I think its worthwhile even if it doesn't make huge amounts of money. Not sure what can be done to increase its revenue.

Maybe if he had spent money on ensuring we have a top scouting network rather than a hardly used pub we might not be trying to buy team's cast offs.

He would have, had O'Neill requested, of that I'm sure. The Holte Pub was a disgrace and should have been rectified many years earlier as part of the Trinity development, Doug broke an agreement with the council in doing so. I think its worthwhile even if it doesn't make huge amounts of money. Not sure what can be done to increase its revenue.

The trouble with the Holte pub is that it is a 'Shilling up a sweeps arse' (as my dear old nan used to say) or in other words it is something nice and shiny in a shithole area with a community hardly likely to use it.

Correct, he has held all the shares for a number of years so nothing has changed in this regard.

What did change is that he created new shares in the club and purchased them himself as a means of putting money into the club, which isn't all that different to what Ellis did when he floated the club only he didn't buy them himself. Obviously as Ellis never put a penny in he let the fans buy them from him, made a fortune then ran the club so badly that their value dropped through the floor.

Huge contradiction there. It was the opposite of what HDE did, as you say Lerner paid for new shares himself, i.e. he put more cash in by way of increasing the equity. Not really "which isn't all that different to what Ellis did". In fact, almost the opposite to what Ellis did. .

Â