The Randy Lerner thread

CI

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Because despite how absolutely terrible Lerner is at running a football club, he does somewhat care for it, and cares for his investment. He would stand to sell the club for a lot more if he can sell us whilst being a Premier League club. I'm absolutely positive we will give promotion a good go. 

I really don't agree. We will sell more players and I think we could struggle next year to make an impact.

RL will soon be able to have who he wanted all along.

cue the appointment of Shteve McClaren once Toon sack him.

one more kick in the balls for the fans from Randy.

Thanks

you word removed

If he's bored of football and doesn't want to invest, fine, whatever. But I don't understand how any man could stand being so universally hated? Does it not bother him? I'd be perpetually miserable if I knew the things people were saying about me (including the very personal (and I should say totally unjustified) insults and threats to him and his family).

I just don't know why he hasn't been desperate to jump ship sooner. He must be losing money from this regardless so why not cut his losses and sell to just anyone? It'll be a drop in the ocean at this point and he wouldn't be making any great loss in real terms. In his position I wouldn't care about who I sell to, I'd sell to literally anyone who offered at this point.

Wasnt he disliked when he owned Cleveland Browns? I'm guessing not to the extent he is hated here so there is precedent for disliked, I wondered how he reacted towards the end of that era there

On 6 March 2016 at 00:48, MikeMcKenna said:

I really don't agree. We will sell more players and I think we could struggle next year to make an impact.

And it begins. I seriously believe the club is clearing the decks and we are going to struggle next season. Hollis is by any other name an administrator who has come in to slash our costs and raise as much as he can from the sale of players. Hence the rumours of various players moving on. With King saying something about there being 'more difficult times ahead' I think we should brace ourselves. 

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

Wasnt he disliked when he owned Cleveland Browns? I'm guessing not to the extent he is hated here so there is precedent for disliked, I wondered how he reacted towards the end of that era there

I watched a Cleveland Browns game and the fans were holding up banners saying "rebuilding sinse 55"

14 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

And it begins. I seriously believe the club is clearing the decks and we are going to struggle next season. Hollis is by any other name an administrator who has come in to slash our costs and raise as much as he can from the sale of players. Hence the rumours of various players moving on. With King saying something about there being 'more difficult times ahead' I think we should brace ourselves. 

I was slated for saying this.

But it's really going to get worse before it gets better.

How bad it gets is anybody's guess

• Like 1

On 01/03/2016 at 22:05, maqroll said:

His family should be left out of it. But yeah, **** him indeed. He's a walking failure and a complete joke of a man.

I overstepped the mark. :blush: I just hate seeing the club dismantled in this way, it is not right. 

Jonathan Wilson told a short story about Lerner and Villa at The Blizzard's live show in Dublin last week. It's another alarming indication that Lerner is a complete idiot. (link)

• Like 2

On 9 March 2016 at 23:39, MikeMcKenna said:

King said something similar in the 2007/8. He meant the plebs would suffer. I'm assuming this time around the plebs are the fans.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

General Krulak has come over to speak to staff according to Pete Colley.

Rallying the troops I see...

Carry on, stiff upper lip and all that.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable leaked reports of Lerners secret plans to merge us with Birmingham City to form a "stronger franchise"  

28 minutes ago, sne said:

Rallying the troops I see...

Carry on, stiff upper lip and all that.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable leaked reports of Lerners secret plans to merge us with Birmingham City to form a "stronger franchise"  

Also talk of Brian Little being in charge of football decisions (DOF?).

2 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Also talk of Brian Little being in charge of football decisions (DOF?).

I really like Brian Little but if true, this is potentially another bit of PR spin as when they announced Petrov joining first team coaching staff recently. If all of this is true, sounds like Garde has no control anymore 

Â