The Randy Lerner thread

CI

19 hours ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Isn't anyone else even a little scared about what type of owner we get in next? Despite the obvious cluster **** were in at the moment, it is possible to be much worse.

We did spend 50 million pounds on players the the last transfer window, its just a shame we spent it on a group of players who can't play together.

The evil you know is better than the one you don't. If we had a potential buyer showing real interest in taking over and investing to move the club forward who's only issue is Lerner's asking price, then we'd have every right to cuss Lerner out until the cows come home.

We just need to hope Lerner doesn't really throw the towel in and we end up with 3 indonesians wanted in 5 countries for embezzling as owners.

Bottom line I agree Lerner is shit, but there is a lot more shit out there than what we currently have.

It's a dangerous call that in as much as it can easily be misconstrued .but I know what you mean.

we all want a solution to our suffering and I guess we all have different views how to get it.

some situations and I think this is one.....is not easy to fix.

9 hours ago, DK82 said:

This will get laughed at and ignored because of who he is, but he is right:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-barton-aston-villa-club-10686438

Joey Barton told the BBC 5 Live football podcast: “I get the feeling that Tom Fox is a muppet that shouldn’t be running a football club, I get the feeling that’s the reality of it.

“He is probably great at doing kit deals and doing commercial stuff, but that isn’t the day to day running of a football club.

“It’s scary that this can happen, I’m baffled they even have eight points.

“Villa have spent £50m, have had a minimal return, they are sitting bottom of the table on eight points, and they ARE going down."

If all we can do is criticise the writer, irrespective who he is, it's a poor show.

its his opinion and he may be write.

just now all our helpings are opinions .......should we all have more behind the scenes knowledge, we may muster better opinions.

I'm just being devils advocate as to "what if it gets worse with a new owner"

At present we have an owner that seems to get every conceivable decision wrong, but he has the financial wherewithal to underwrite personally the losses resulting from those poor decisions.

what if a new owner struggles to buy the club is as equally incompetent in his decisions.....but is unable to raise personal funds to bail himself out.

unlikely, but possible.

we would then know what being in the **** really is.

at present the team is in the shit, but the club isn't in relative terms.

its not as ridiculous as it seems to say.....it could be worse.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Anyway on the topic of protesting next Tuesday in the North Stand car park. Maybe as a start fans with access to printers should copy as many "Lerner & Fox Out" or "Proud History,Dark Future" on A3 in bold if possible to hand out to those without. If a few of us can do this to hand out to those willing to hold them up in and out the ground it will be a start. I can probably get a couple hundred printed to get the ball rolling. Or even hanging old/not used Villa scarfs etc on the gates. Just ideas so any serious feedback would be welcome...

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ticket money isn't that big an impact nowadays. The TV deal next year will be for around six times the value of all of our ticket sales this year. 

To put that it in a more unpopular setting, the amount of his own money that Randy Lerner will have wasted on the football club during his time here (if he sells for his asking price) will amount to him having spent more than every single person that has paid to see a game at Villa Park since the Premier league began in 1992.

An empty stadium will send out a lot clearer message to Lerner and the 3 un-wise men than a full one!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kingman said:

An empty stadium will send out a lot clearer message to Lerner and the 3 un-wise men than a full one!

It's ultimately the only language they understand.....but someone who experienced the protests and marches against Uncle Herbert.......best of luck to the protesters.

They will see another side/face of the fan base.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

And you know this? 

If we are to move forward we need to get rid of Lerner, Fox, Reilly, Almstadt and about 15 first team players. Appointing a chairman and a new director will achieve bugger all for this shower of shit football club we have been turned in to. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KHV said:

If we are to move forward we need to get rid of Lerner, Fox, Reilly, Almstadt and about 15 first team players. Appointing a chairman and a new director will achieve bugger all for this shower of shit football club we have been turned in to. 

How do you know a new chairman will not have a positive impact? I do not understand why fans are so desperate for those in bold to leave, what are the alternatives?

Ticket money isn't that big an impact nowadays. The TV deal next year will be for around six times the value of all of our ticket sales this year. 

To put that it in a more unpopular setting, the amount of his own money that Randy Lerner will have wasted on the football club during his time here (if he sells for his asking price) will amount to him having spent more than every single person that has paid to see a game at Villa Park since the Premier league began in 1992.

They tried it before, the enter VP after 8 minutes protest thing

IIRC it was vs Liverpool and the attendance was around 40k as opposed to the 32k we'd been averaging, the tourists and day trippers didn't get the message, they turned all the TVs on the concourse off and there were plenty of stewards and police asking all of us what we were playing at

Basically it didn't work

An empty stadium won't happen, I think they'll target away games next season, not quite sure how yet but I'm anticipating high demand for away games, minimal taking of the allocations and them making it very hard to get hold of them without a ST

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Thats it right there. 

The Removal Of Lerner & The 3 Unwise Men! 

I wish i could photoshop Lerner on a camel pointing at a twinkling french flag in the distance with the other 3 bell ends bowing at his feet!

Edited by Kingman

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

IIRC it was vs Liverpool and the attendance was around 40k as opposed to the 32k we'd been averaging, the tourists and day trippers didn't get the message, they turned all the TVs on the concourse off and there were plenty of stewards and police asking all of us what we were playing at

Basically it didn't work

An empty stadium won't happen, I think they'll target away games next season, not quite sure how yet but I'm anticipating high demand for away games, minimal taking of the allocations and them making it very hard to get hold of them without a ST

Complete None attendance to games will get Lerner the bad press he simply just can't handle.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Tom Fox it seems since he arrived has been instrumental in Paul Lambert signing a new three year deal then 4 months later being sacked. Tim Sherwood signing a three year deal then 8 months later being sacked. Remi Garde being brought in and nine games down the line he has been unable to get a win.

Paddy Reilly has been director of scouting and player recruitment since September 2014. During that time the club has had the biggest turnover in players during one transfer window that I can remember in many a year. It is safe to assume that Paddy had a big hand in that. The squad that he had a big hand in assembling currently sits bottom of the league on 8 points after 20 games having failed to win a game for 19 games.

I think given the above it is safe to assume these guys aren't making a very good fist of what they are doing and just as many managers have paid the price for perceived failure with little positive overall effect maybe it is time we looked above the manager for where some of our failings lie.

Agreed. How the people who assembled this squad still have jobs is a mystery.

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Basically it didn't work

Didnt Newcastle try a similar protest on last day of season a few years back. DIdnt really do much good for them sadly, as they nearly got relegated following season and ended up with John Carver as manager :P 

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Tom Fox it seems since he arrived has been instrumental in Paul Lambert signing a new three year deal then 4 months later being sacked. Tim Sherwood signing a three year deal then 8 months later being sacked. Remi Garde being brought in and nine games down the line he has been unable to get a win.

Paddy Reilly has been director of scouting and player recruitment since September 2014. During that time the club has had the biggest turnover in players during one transfer window that I can remember in many a year. It is safe to assume that Paddy had a big hand in that. The squad that he had a big hand in assembling currently sits bottom of the league on 8 points after 20 games having failed to win a game for 19 games.

I think given the above it is safe to assume these guys aren't making a very good fist of what they are doing and just as many managers have paid the price for perceived failure with little positive overall effect maybe it is time we looked above the manager for where some of our failings lie.

Well, people are frustrated, and they're looking for scapegoats, and there are some good ones to be found. Even so, I also truly hope fans aren't awful towards Randy, Tom Fox, Paddy Reilly, etc. This can be a somewhat dignified process or it can be ugly, and I don't think some ugly reckoning helps the club in the long run.

I strongly suspect that some top-brass resignations will be forthcoming in the near future, but I don't believe for a second that Fox, etc. had anything but the best interests of the club in their hearts and minds. It's a brutal league. Every year, three clubs go down, no matter what, and Villa's long-term problems and some short-term gambles finally caught up with them this year. Why SHOULDN'T it have happened to us? What makes us so immune to that? Nothing, it turns out.

Let's just hope some lessons have been learned. 

Basically it didn't work

Complete None attendance to games will get Lerner the bad press he simply just can't handle.

It's never going to happen though is it?

Even if there was a pre arranged game where everyone on social media agreed not to go we'd still get 25-30k and like I said last time they tried something like it they picked Liverpool at home to do it which was a non starter

Palace at home with it being a night game is the only realistic chance you've got of a pre planned attendance hit protest, you could maybe get it down to around 25k (with them then announcing an attendance of around 35k because the ST holders who stayed away would still be counted)

Â