The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Just sell up Lerner you have killed this club with your cost cutting. The buck stops with you, even tho people will blame MON for the mess its Lerner that let him sign these players on high wages! You wont get what your asking for where we are going! 1 ticket for the championship return date unknown while your still here!!!!

I remember the day we got a Billionaire chairman and Martin O'Neil... turns out those were the last two decisions of Doug Ellis. 

We're going down. And I don't think if we returned we'd stay for long. We have so much pride that we won't ever survive the experience. 

I want to say I'm going to stop supporting football, but Villa are my love, she's been run into the ground by this guy who was known as a terrible sports owner. 

Should have backed Martin. Never should have hired Gerard, Alex or Paul. Villa are falling apart in a humiliating fashion. 

Randy did this, with every decision he's made from day one. 

Watch us win a cup and then fall out of the league, forever. Just like small heath.

Pain. 

Lerner must be absolutely bricking it, hes literally got like 100m riding on our survival. 

Which makes all the odder that he stuck with Lambert for so long when clearly he was not up to the job.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement soon, saying that Lerner plans to release a statement at the end of the season. Just like last year.

I can barely contain my excitement.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement soon, saying that Lerner plans to release a statement at the end of the season. Just like last year.

I can barely contain my excitement.

I'd be cautious though. I think the motivation behind such an announcement would be to try and spread a little bit of feel good amongst the fans, an attempt to drum up support until now and the end of the season. They'd know full well that some might get their hopes up about a takeover.

I see Lerner selling us for peanuts when the parachute payments stop

Yep, those who say "going down is ok, we will have fun" are in for a shock. He'll cut back even more so he can rescue his money from player sales and parachute payments. When those are finished we will be sold for £50m, and we might be League One at that point. Going down will not be fun, it will be disaster.

• Like 2

no more wasting my money on this club I used to love the feeling that when i purchased a ticket or a shirt I was actually giving something to the club but this rocket polisher expects us to keep putting our money in to the club and directly into his pockets. speaking of pockets a certain pharse springs to mind mr lerner... you are a rocket polisher.

Â