The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If you're not allowed to post the article could you PM it?

Sent, I'll post the main points from article.

Cheers. :thumb:

“I get it, that people don’t want Degas but Diarra".

Degas could be the answer to our creative midfield needs.

Read the interview in tomorrow's Times because I'm a subscriber. Randy says he is fully committed and would never sell, unless it was something to do with his kids. Not sure you can copy and paste Times articles to other websites, mods, can you?

Good news.

Midtable is where everyone wants to be anyway.

maybe he should give us a free scarf again this winter, that should please everyone.

Perhaps instead of bleating like a stuck record on this thread about everything that is wrong you would outline your vision for what the club should do going forward.

Just a thought.........

Same, be really lovely if someone PM'ed me. Aww :)

PM'd you and sparey! Just send me a cheque :) .

Its a good little article/interview. The guy is immensely knowledgable about the club, he quotes Frederick Rinder, chairman of Villa during the "golden age";

“Finance is important but we must never forget that we are not talking about a mere business.”

The guy does talk a lot of sense, whether his "proper" way will be good enough for the club over the next 5-10 years, we'll see.

On MON he says little, but when asked about his departure he quotes;

“Did I walk in the room one day and think, ‘F*** it, I’ve had enough?’ No,” he says.

:lol:

He claims he is comfortable with the spending he made during the MON era also.

So is he comfortable with the decisions he made on spending at the time? After a pause, he replies “yes”. He may regret O’Neill’s departure but not the decisions that preceded it.

hmmm so by the sounds of it we may be bringing in a few more players in jan/summer 2012 if by the "adressing the issue of more going out than in?

I would guess instead of you Sidwell's, Harewoods... etc we will end up buying younger prospects from other teams;

e.g. Lewis Dunk, Younes Belhanda.

in all fairness Randy's trying to do whats right in the future for AVFC an you have to commend him for that.

hmmm so by the sounds of it we may be bringing in a few more players in jan/summer 2012 if by the "adressing the issue of more going out than in?

He said "We have to correct the perception we’ve had more players going than coming". I don't see correcting a perception as pointing to signings.

He said "We have to correct the perception we’ve had more players going than coming". I don't see correcting a perception as pointing to signings.

I can't say that I like that wishy-washy language- "We have to correct the perception we've had more players going than coming"...

How about saying "We intend to do a better job of holding on to our best players"...

It's just that kind of gobbledygook that we hear too much from him, (when he does speak) in my opinion.

Read the interview in tomorrow's Times because I'm a subscriber. Randy says he is fully committed and would never sell, unless it was something to do with his kids. Not sure you can copy and paste Times articles to other websites, mods, can you?

Good news.

maybe he should give us a free scarf again this winter, that should please everyone.

Perhaps instead of bleating like a stuck record on this thread about everything that is wrong you would outline your vision for what the club should do going forward.

Just a thought.........

He has numerous times like many others:

- Decent board with an experienced CEO (£100m t/o niche consumer/sports business) and someone with football knowledge

- Decent managerial appointment i.e. someone who will give the fans some hope

- A cohesive PR strategy

- No sudden U-turn on policies that leaves us short of players

Okay for you?

Good news.

Just a thought.........

He has numerous times like many others:

- Decent board with an experienced CEO (£100m t/o niche consumer/sports business) and someone with football knowledge

- Decent managerial appointment i.e. someone who will give the fans some hope

- A cohesive PR strategy

- No sudden U-turn on policies that leaves us short of players

Okay for you?

The perfect owner then?

Its a good little article/interview. The guy is immensely knowledgable about the club, he quotes Frederick Rinder, chairman of Villa during the "golden age";

Roy, I've read only a praphrased report in the Brum Mail (couldn't get a Times) and it doesn't quote RL's reference to Rinder.

Could you please state what RL said about Rinder, or send me a PM to that effect please?

Many thanks.

Â