The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Probably in the mid 80's under Turner & McNeill when Ellis was chairman. we struggled and went down - 44 points in 85/6, 36 points the next season (and relegation) - and they were 42 game seasons - that's 80 points from 84 games, add in games either side of those two seasons and that'd be the last time.

You're right though. It's a pathetic and lamentable total.

Perhaps the people who were around then (including me) remember that and that's why we look at the current situation as being not as terrible, whereas people who didn't experience that sh*te have a different perspective?

• Like 2

Probably in the mid 80's under Turner & McNeill when Ellis was chairman. we struggled and went down - 44 points in 85/6, 36 points the next season (and relegation) - and they were 42 game seasons - that's 80 points from 84 games, add in games either side of those two seasons and that'd be the last time.

You're right though. It's a pathetic and lamentable total.

Perhaps the people who were around then (including me) remember that and that's why we look at the current situation as being not as terrible, whereas people who didn't experience that sh*te have a different perspective?

I'd say that's right. People have seen it before and seen us come out of it OK probably do have more patience during our current drop.

• Like 1

100% agree the last three seasons have been a horrible horrible time for us in general.

But is there enough evidence now, that with the playing squad younger and more energetic, and the finances in a more reasonable shape, that the next 100 league games will be a lot more pleasing??

• Like 1

Keep the faith Big John - recent evidence suggests we can come good and improve. But crikey, we've had to endure... All the makings of toughened supporters...

Up the Villa - go get a point tomorrow... You are more than capable. Even if you go three goals down...

Probably in the mid 80's under Turner & McNeill when Ellis was chairman. we struggled and went down - 44 points in 85/6, 36 points the next season (and relegation) - and they were 42 game seasons - that's 80 points from 84 games, add in games either side of those two seasons and that'd be the last time.You're right though. It's a pathetic and lamentable total.Perhaps the people who were around then (including me) remember that and that's why we look at the current situation as being not as terrible, whereas people who didn't experience that sh*te have a different perspective?

I was a teenager in those days and was going to the games with my mates, rather than my Dad, brother or uncle. I loved standing in the right side of the Holte one game, then the left side the next game. Tried to get as near the front, and behind the goal, so we could get on match of the day. So, despite the fact we went down playing some terrible footie, I recall those days as being less grim. For me personally, these last three seasons have been the worst I've experienced.

Sort it out Randy and bring the good/happy times back to our wonderful football club!

Anyone remember/know a guy who used to make the Tarzan call in the Holte? I used to love it when we'd sing "Tarzan's in the right side..."

Shame the atmosphere isn't as good these days.

Edited by villarocker

Â