Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

He's bossing it at the minute. Total workhorse, like Reo-Coker was only Sylla is handy on the ball. Seems to be working well with Delph who is starting to show good signs too. Pair of them are like terriers.

Truly an inspirational buy. Tenacious in the tackle, having seemingly learned not to be so reckless with it and something of a powerhouse covering more of the pitch than anyone else, bar Delph. Yesterday, the lad was everywhere and wanted to be involved in every passing move! I really believe he, Fabian and Westwood can set the PL alight next season if we're still there.

Come to think of it if the defence got sorted and Lambert gets his 3 man defence idea working you could have Clark between the mid and defence to break up play and would allow the midfielders to push up.

Sylla is exciting to watch at times, never quits.

The guy is an absolute snip at 1.5mill. He has settled in unbelievably quickly given the level/league he came from. However having said that I doubt we have seen anything like the best of him yet.

Cracking understanding being built between Sylla, Delph and Westwood and their games all compliment each others really well. They are are of a similar age as well so will only improve as time goes on and they play more games together.

Thoroughly unconvinced until the last two games. Looked great on Saturday. Still a bit naive but showing great promise.

I can't understand this. He's been a stand out in every game I've seen him in.

Can't remember a signing that I've been so underwhelmed by that has totally proved me wrong from the get go.

What is really great with Sylla is the tremendous development rate of his. Last part of the season his play has more or less visibly improved from match to match, which is simply amazing to watch. Where is this fella going to be in a year or two, when he's fully accustomed to the PL, our midfield and the fact (OK, belief) that he can beat all his opponents in midfield and score goals? I fear for the other teams. :-D

Thoroughly unconvinced until the last two games. Looked great on Saturday. Still a bit naive but showing great promise.

I can't understand this. He's been a stand out in every game I've seen him in.

Can't remember a signing that I've been so underwhelmed by that has totally proved me wrong from the get go.

To be fair, I'd not managed to get to many games for a while so my opinion was largely based on highlights ;) Edited by choffer

First ever post!! I've been really impressed with Sylla! Was at Reading for his first full match and he was top draw in that game. Nearly scored a screamer aswell, i reckon he's got a good shot on him and we might see him score a few beauties in the coming seasons! 

Edited by avfcwills10

First ever post!! I've been really impressed with Sylla! Was at Reading for his first full match and he was top draw in that game. Nearly scored a screamer aswell, i reckon he's got a good shot on him and we might see him score a few beauties in the coming seasons!

I hope so too but he hasn't scored a goal in his entire professional career :(

I hope so too but he hasn't scored a goal in his entire professional career :(

Next Sunday at Wigan would be a great time for him to get off the mark! :D

I like him. Seems to get better week by week, which is very positive, and he's stepped up well from playing in front of a couple of thousand to the big time. However, he looks a bit slow. I'm not sure if his overall pace is that bad, as it's difficult to tell from behind the goal, but his legs seem to move in slow motion. Lambert (or one of his cronies) can spot a player.

I see the opposite, he is pretty quick off the mark when hunting the ball but looks like a toddler chasing a beach ball when he's got it (the Gabby school if dribbling). Off the ball and physically he is great, don't fancy him when he has got it.

I like him. Seems to get better week by week, which is very positive, and he's stepped up well from playing in front of a couple of thousand to the big time. However, he looks a bit slow. I'm not sure if his overall pace is that bad, as it's difficult to tell from behind the goal, but his legs seem to move in slow motion. Lambert (or one of his cronies) can spot a player.

Little surprised as I get the impression he is very quick

Â