Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

we arent going to get wins from the current playing staff, thats fact, so whats it matter if we play him, if we get nothing, then theres no change from the past 28 games, if we win then clearly hes the right choice

If he's 'not ready' then why the hell did we sign him whilst being in a relegation scrap? They should throw him in 'ready' or not, if he can't help us out of this mess then he isn't much good to us.

it's possible lambert didn't want to play him against arsenal and city, preferring to keep him for the next two. not saying that's the case, but i assume that given our predicament and lack of confidence, the last thing he wanted to do was throw him in at the start of games and have his confidence hammered, ruining him for the season. he's not really the kind of chap you bring on when you're chasing a game either

i see what youre saying p3te, maybe delphs ban has 'perfectly' fallen into place for sylla to have his chance? although had delph not picked up a ban, sylla could still be on the bench?

we arent going to get wins from the current playing staff, thats fact, so whats it matter if we play him, if we get nothing, then theres no change from the past 28 games, if we win then clearly hes the right choice

That is not 'fact'.

Look, Andy, the team have been playing well recently. We did actually win three games ago, and since then have played two of the best teams in the country in close games.

I can't be bothered with this thread. There is utter madness uttered by some of you lot. 

I hope Sylla might come good but - and I'm an optimist when it comes to Villa - I have a feeling he's not ready at all. Admittedly that's just from the brief glimpse I had of him against Everton, but in that game he didn't look like a footballer, he was like George Weah's cousin again. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt however and hope it's just down to the fact it was a tough game to come in on, he'd only been around for a day by then anyway.

Sylla and Dawkins have freshened up the squad a bit and they offer options if we get injuries in certain positions. But central midfield is too important a part of the team to take risks. Delph has been a different player since Sylla arrived, so maybe that's enough of a positive impact. Still, KEA will start above Sylla. I bet Barry Bannan would even start ahead of him. This is not the time for Sylla (unless he is actually surprisingly amazing, which I doubt).

We have won games with the other players apart from Sylla, that's fact.

Edited by praisedmambo

:detect: I think you're thinking a little simplistically. How much thought did you put in to what you said there? 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

Could see PL going with Herd or Bannan but considering that neither of them were even on the bench for City, surely it should be Sylla's big chance.

If nothing else, he looks to be a big fella.

Could see PL going with Herd or Bannan but considering that neither of them were even on the bench for City, surely it should be Sylla's big chance.

If nothing else, he looks to be a big fella.

Thought Herd was still injured? Will be interesting to see who PL chooses and how he lines them up.

Maybe:

Sylla---------------

--------Westwood

---------------------

-----N'Zogbia-----

If Bannan plays, though, he'll invariably be deployed too deep to be of any use, and surely Ireland won't be getting a game. If Vlaar is back, maybe Clark into DM?

gonna be some match tomorrow, cannot wait. Hopefully sylla gets a full debut. Every inch in my body tells me that we will take this one easy tomorrow, would really be devastated if we can`t pull it together tomorrow.

Hopefully

Unless Lambert does another of his dodgy teamselections and plays Bannan

Or maybe Sylla isn't ready. So then putting Sylla in would be the dodgy team selection and Bannan in the sensible one (AKA the only option).

If Sylla can't get in the first team ahead of Bannan he will never be ready

We also have Holman who would be a better choice than Bannan

i reckon Lamberk will play KEA if fit.

I'd play KEA if fit to be fair, but it doesn't look like he will be, in which case Sylla surely starts and Westwood will have to try to play a slightly more forward thinking game. Should be interesting anyway.

Â