Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Never had a chance the way we were set-up tonight

we actually had a very good chance just before they scored the 2nd goal but your right we should of tried to sit back and defend all night

Lambert must be dumb as shit to think we have a team that can go to Old Trafford and go toe-to-toe with them. Every side but 2 or 3 in the league goes there with an extra man in the middle of midfield. Saying I wanted to defend all night is bollocks, a front 3 of Gabby, Weimann and Benteke will create chances against any side, we would still have seven other outfield players who can concentrate on keeping it tight in midfield and at the back. 

If only we'd signed Diame in the Summer.

True. I posted in another thread that if we stay up I'd like to see us go after Mbia at QPR. 

It doesn't matter who it is, we need some physicality in there. Other than Sylla we have such a collection of small, physically weak midfielders (Delph, Westwood, KEA, Bannan). 

Historically we've always lost against Man Utd at Old Trafford, tonight was no different (apart from 2009 for pedants).

We've had worse beats, we've had better beats, but we still get the same points!

Man Utd away is a non-result for 15+ teams a season.

We didn't do disgracefully, we just lost against a team which has just won it's 20th prem title.

Perspective. 

I like Lambert. Sure he has made mistakes, but to change manager will mean we go back to square one again.

He has not improved us at all. Our league position and points tally shows just how dire Lambert has been. His gung ho approach with lack of organistion and basic defending is quite amatuerish to be honest.

Tactically he is clueless and some if his decisions are horrific.

If only we'd signed Diame in the Summer.

He really isnt answer to our problems. a decent player but not for style Lambert plays. We need a midfielder strong on the ball and in tackle to compliment others. 

If we stay up ahead of Wigan I think a move for MacArthur could be wise

I like Lambert. Sure he has made mistakes, but to change manager will mean we go back to square one again.

He has not improved us at all. Our league position and points tally shows just how dire Lambert has been. His gung ho approach with lack of organistion and basic defending is quite amatuerish to be honest.

Id rather a gung ho approach than previous managers safety first and play for a draw tactics

He's improved us in that we look better going forward and play football a bit nicer.

He's also made us much easier to beat and created the worst defence I've ever seen at the club.

This!

The midfield is a total shower of shit too.

We have a decent front 3 and a decent keeper. The 7 in between are crap.

Id rather a gung ho approach than previous managers safety first and play for a draw tactics

You shouldn't forget that Greece won the Euros, Chelsea won the Champions league with defensive tactics. Regardless, tonight was the kind of game we should have been playing for a draw. I don't take pride that we were 3-0 down after half an hour at Man U, just as I didn't that we lost 8-0 at Chelsea just because we played with 'progressive principles'

He's improved us in that we look better going forward and play football a bit nicer.

He's also made us much easier to beat and created the worst defence I've ever seen at the club.

This!

The midfield is a total shower of shit too.

We have a decent front 3 and a decent keeper. The 7 in between are crap.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. 

You shouldn't forget that Greece won the Euros, Chelsea won the Champions league with defensive tactics. Regardless, tonight was the kind of game we should have been playing for a draw. I don't take pride that we were 3-0 down after half an hour at Man U, just as I didn't that we lost 8-0 at Chelsea just because we played with 'progressive principles'

I think he was stupid to start with 4 attackers today but I would rather watch this team than last seasons team and its a young team so should get better.

considering united are one of the best exponents of " progressive or expansive football" they also adopt a great defensive policy.

sure they have had years of making good decisions and have one of the best managers around.... but some of the principles have been around with Clough and Saunders, Revie and shankly.

They will all tell you if they were here.

when building a new side " you build from the back"

we talk about young players...Jones Is 21 and Evans ain't very old.

we are physically inept in certain area's....it has to change.

I hope that football lesson will not affect our confidence in staying up, but if we are fortunate enough to stay up.....things have to change.

Edited by TRO