Paul Lambert

Pilchard

To be fair it's not as if Lambert didn't try a fair few different formations and combinations of players early in the season.  The problem in a funny way was the win against Liverpool with 3 at the back I think.  It was just an anomoly and we turned out to be so soft in the next month or so playing with that formation.  That's the only part of the season where I think Lambert was poor, the rest has been pretty solid and I can only see us getting better should we stay up.

• Like 1

We won 3-1 away with 3 at the back. We then lost 8-0, 4-0 and 3-0 under the same formation.

Yet still he persisted with it. Thankfully he ditched it and our results have improved....

... he just took too long to recognise it.

We won 3-1 away with 3 at the back. We then lost 8-0, 4-0 and 3-0 under the same formation.

Yet still he persisted with it. Thankfully he ditched it and our results have improved....

Did he take to long? May have changed at nick of time. I think people on here are really nervous because of performances of them 3 games. If you look at games we played 442 we played well in nearly every one of them. This is why I think we will be safe before last game v Wigan.

Did he take to long? May have changed at nick of time. I think people on here are really nervous because of performances of them 3 games. If you look at games we played 442 we played well in nearly every one of them. This is why I think we will be safe before last game v Wigan.

Leaving it until the "nick of time" is not exactly brilliant. Why make things difficult for ourselves?

3 big losses in a row should have been enough of an indicator to ditch it. He persisted with it too long.

Credit due with the last two wins, but im seeing a lot of people thinking we will survive on the back of it.

Lets just keep our feet on the ground and take things as they come, because even though we have given ourselves a chance, the real hard work starts now.

Credit due with the last two wins, but im seeing a lot of people thinking we will survive on the back of it.

Lets just keep our feet on the ground and take things as they come, because even though we have given ourselves a chance, the real hard work starts now.

Its not the last 2 games for me.  Its the 2 games against City and Arsenal that we were unlucky to get something from and the win against West ham, not to mention the games we threw away against West Brom and Everton.  We are 5th in the form table are we not?

As far as I am concerned Lambert is still playing silly buggers with the squad.Did you see our bench? he had Dawkins,Carruthers and Bowery,FFS how is that going to help if we went 2 down, or if we soffered an injury ?

This twit just REFUSES to play any players who have any experience at all.

Which other options did he have that you'd put on the bench? Bent, Dunne, KEA and Delph, Albrighton, Herd, and Gardner out. If you think adding Ireland to the bench would benefit us in any shape then I'd say look at his last few performances. Lambert has made mistakes granted but to slate him over the bench on Saturday is ridiculous.

Which other options did he have that you'd put on the bench? Bent, Dunne, KEA and Delph, Albrighton, Herd, and Gardner out. If you think adding Ireland to the bench would benefit us in any shape then I'd say look at his last few performances. Lambert has made mistakes granted but to slate him over the bench on Saturday is ridiculous.

Its not just last saturday,his bench has looked similar all season.

Ok so the above players may be out now BUT how many games have Bent,Ireland,Dunne,Warnock,Hutton and Given played in total this season ?

Well, Warnock and Hutton haven't been in for selection since January. In fact I think Warnock's been out on loan for most of the season. Given' been on the bench every time he's been free from injury. Dunne's been injured all season. Bent on and off injured. Ireland, well, he's now training with the reserves so I guess he's a bit down on the ladder. And seriously, not many of these players have been contributing very much in the last two seasons.

I'm not Lambert's biggest fan but I've never thought we would be relegated. I don't see it as some achievement and I believe most average to poor managers would be able to keep  the average squad he inherited with the money spent, and the youth system available up.

I am happy with the way things have started to go and the improvements made over the last 6 games. If we can continue with this progression then I'm hopeful for the future under Lambert.

As far as I am concerned Lambert is still playing silly buggers with the squad.Did you see our bench? he had Dawkins,Carruthers and Bowery,FFS how is that going to help if we went 2 down, or if we soffered an injury ?

I've been critical of Lambert all season but you have to admit the guy has serious balls. Any other young manager would be terrified of alienating senior players. Lambert seems to relish it. 

• Like 1

I've been critical of Lambert all season but you have to admit the guy has serious balls. Any other young manager would be terrified of alienating senior players. Lambert seems to relish it. 

I find it quite alarming

Who else did you want him to pick??

Who out of our MASSIVE squad should he have put in place.

You already mentioned dunne for some bizzare reason, and dont give me the hutton, Ireland shite.

Edited by villan_007

We've let in 56 goals in the prem so far.

From what I can see on soccerbase our worst record in premiership history was under houllier were we let in 59 goals.

It looks like we're well on course to smashing another record low for the club.

Does anyone know the last time we let in 60+ goals in a season?

He built this defence and people claim he's been good in the transfer market. Keep in mind Brad Guzan has been probably our best player as well. Goal keeper is player of the year and we have a premiership record for goals scored against. Brilliant stuff.

I find it quite alarming

I find it quite refreshing actually seeing as getting rid of "underperforming overpaid players who couldnt give a shite" was a priority of a section of fans last summer.  It could be argued he has only done what we wanted.

Strikes me as amusing how some of you shtick by this experienced player, old school mantra.

Numbers might not be pretty, but I can see what Lambert's trying to do. It's very moneyball.

I find it quite alarming

I find it quite refreshing actually seeing as getting rid of "underperforming overpaid players who couldnt give a shite" was a priority of a section of fans last summer.  It could be argued he has only done what we wanted.

I think what he's doing is the only way to get the right mentality at the club.

He's setting an example thats very clear for everyone to see. It's pretty much, work your ass off or you're out.