Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Very very very good question. I'm sure the owner is now asking himself the same thing. But whatever the reason he has decided enough is enough!

Surely the buck stops at Faulkner then ?

Just such a mess , we don't look good but for a small outlay we could get 1-2 in that would change our season

Very very very good question. I'm sure the owner is now asking himself the same thing. But whatever the reason he has decided enough is enough!

Hmmmn!?

So he is preparing to sell? Or maybe has said something along the lines of ....."Right thats enough!.. That wage bill is now coming down & if it means relegation so be it!"  :suspect:

Hmmmn!?

So he is preparing to sell? Or maybe has said something along the lines of ....."Right thats enough!.. That wage bill is now coming down & if it means relegation so be it!"  :suspect:

I don't think selling the club at the moment is any more on the agenda as buying players this window is.

So what happens if that slim chance happens and we stay up?  Does Lambert have to stick with what he has got next season as well as the squad is so depleted and we wont really have anyone to sell to generate funds to buy?

Either way, it`s not like we should be satisfied or happy about the situation. First of all, this retard has put us in this mess, we are staring relegation in the face because of this mess, and he refuses to splash cash like this is league 1. He is the idiot, if he really thinks that going down and going by this structure that this will fix the financial problem. Well fine, it will do. But what can make him so sure that this will be a succsess at all? delfouneso, albrighton and so on was also young players that looked to strenghten this club in the future, what happened there huh? Going by this tactic in the premier league is risky to say the least, and looking at all the money we get by staying up I really have to put several questions marks around lerner. There are several cases of this working the bundesliga but there are a bunch of teams doing this in the lower leagues and you don`t really see them taking the premier league by storm. Far from it. Money is needed, quality players are needed. If you think getting lower league players constantly is going to cut it we are bound to fail. And I really doubt benteke is gonna be major savior if we were to go down in the championship next year, I think we are more looking at bowery pairing up with gabby or some shit like that. 

The PR people at our club are very evident in the latest Lambert press conference on AVTV. When asked about his conversations with Randy Lerner around half way through, a bloke from the PR department tries his best to stop the journo from asking the question to Paul, but the journo was having none of it and eventually got his question away to Paul. Lambert's answer wasn't very good though, just said "Rebuild the club, the same as from when I came in." Not sure how he is supposed to rebuild a club without money...

Nope, it will be a summer of change if things go to plan and the club stay up.

Why if we have to stay with this wage bracket, okay we get shot of 3 - 4 high earners in the summer.  Going to cost a fortune to bring quality players in.  Be under no illusions, this is a 3-5 year project.  We will be poor for a long time. 

Or Else RL wants to keep us up on the cheap and sell in the summer.

Nope, it will be a summer of change if things go to plan and the club stay up.

It will be a summer of change anyway. If things go according to form the club won't stay up. With the current squad I believe we go down. We'll lose a lot of players as a result, I'm sure, just not necessarily the ones we want gone. For example, a player not ever being selected isn't going to give a **** what division he isn't playing in if he's happy to Zigic us until his contract expires.

Yep, has he spent £8m plus 50% of any player sale revenue (not that that would be much!)? So the obvious answer is he has spent more than that so that particular constraint was either bollocks or Lerner changed his mind on transfer funds.

Lambert has spent the money from Downing and Collins on the players he's bought in. Considering the amount of money we've shelled out replacing manager after manager id be surprised if there was anything left in the pot that's actually being generated by the club. Barring Lerner upping our debt to him some more and putting cash in (Highly unlikely) the only way Lambert will have anything to play with is by selling what we already have.

So what happens if that slim chance happens and we stay up?  Does Lambert have to stick with what he has got next season as well as the squad is so depleted and we wont really have anyone to sell to generate funds to buy?

This is the problem for Lambert at the moment. I reckon the difference between the wage bill and the income of the club will be his transfer kitty so i wouldn't expect a huge amount unless he can sell...

Why if we have to stay with this wage bracket, okay we get shot of 3 - 4 high earners in the summer.  Going to cost a fortune to bring quality players in.  Be under no illusions, this is a 3-5 year project.  We will be poor for a long time. 

Or Else RL wants to keep us up on the cheap and sell in the summer.

Squad needs a drastic overhaul. I reckon everyone has to come to terms with the fact that when Lambert took over - paywise the "First 11" at villa have underperformed (with the obvious exception of a fit Petrov) Lambert didnt sign any of them - Lambert didnt negotiate their wages. He shouldnt get stick for the mistakes he hasn't made. after all he's making enough that he can be criticised for at the moment! IMO the McMuppet signings backed by the board were suicidal. 

I strongly agree with everyone who's pointing out that the Lambert signings aren't really the problem. Even if Bennett has been found wanting, KEA has not been the player we were expecting and Lowton isn't instantly as good as Caca like those knocking him seem to want him to be. 

Also cant believe people are seriously questioning his judgement in signing Benteke - are you for real?

Yet you continue to blame Lambert? Lambert is about 5% to blame and Lerner 95% (along with previous managers)

I know who is to blame. I've said it louder and longer than most people who are now seeing it.

However that doesn't change the fact that so far Lambert has been terrible and while I accept he has had his hands tied when it comes to signings I won't turn round and say how great they are when, apart from Benteke, they clearly haven't been.

He has to take a big part of the blame for me for how utterly shit this season has been.

I know who is to blame. I've said it louder and longer than most people who are now seeing it.

However that doesn't change the fact that so far Lambert has been terrible and while I accept he has had his hands tied when it comes to signings I won't turn round and say how great they are when, apart from Benteke, they clearly haven't been.

He has to take a big part of the blame for me for how utterly shit this season has been.

Reasonable stance John.

I actually agree that mistakes have been made.

BUT,  I think most managers make mistakes.  The difference for me is that the state of the club actually highlights those mistakes more and the state of the club puts pressure on to not make any mistakes which I think is unreasonable.

He is not perfect,  he will make mistakes.  Unfortunately Villa of today will not cover up for any mistakes.  That is my opinion on it.

Try to sound less angry when you are posting. I can sense you are battering hell out of the keys whn replying.

To be fair HH you are not a villa fan.

People will get frustrated and lose their temper when arguing about their club.

People who invest time, money and emotion into a team will be passionate about it when arguing the case.

• Like 1

I've been reading John Gregory's book, it has a very interesting part of that very bad patch of games just after 13 game unbeaten run. JG wrote that he was way too stubborn to change things during the bad run, I wonder if Lambert is the same.