Paul Lambert

Pilchard

So the defence seems to be there's no one else.

And everything will be good in the future based on nothing but hope.

Shows what a shit job he's doing when that's the core of his biggest fans defence of him.

John

I have agreed with much of what you have said in the past, but I haven't heard you offering any alternative strategy other than get rid of Lambert & Lerner. Bluntly it is easy to say this and much harder to say what else should be done. FWIW it is worth I am as pissed off as the next fan, would like to see Lerner back Lambert NOW, but see no point, at this moment in Lambert going.

For or better or worse it is too late for that.

How about get Mcgrath back alongside Laursen whilst your at it, their knees will be fine.

This is why fans should just be ignored and rightly so.

Yep because us fans love just been seen as just money signs and should have no opinion on football NOT.

I don't want to see Lambert fired personally. It may be a strange stance, but I'm fully aware that we're probably down with him in charge, I just feel that given time, he'll build a team full of exciting young players.

That said, I gave up my season ticket this year, so I'm not as bothered by the rubbish that's served up as those who do attend the games. Losing to Bradford et all is a bit easier to stomach when you can just turn the tv off at the end of it and watch something else.

This is where I stand too. Thought he'd do much better than he has. Really unfortunate (and **** heartbreaking mind) what's happened this season. I'd stick with him. He'd still be better than whoever's probably going to replace him should he go.

I havent read all the posts on here so sorry if some of this is repeated.

Lambert needed to buy players in because we were so thin he spent 22m with a third of that going on Benteke so he hasnt had loads of money for the amount of players needed and yes we need to still get rid of certain players before we are rid of most of the dross.

Yes Lerner is off his tits because he hasnt/isnt investing enough and his board of directors are wank.

However..........

This does not excuse the football we are seeing I have been watching the games this season and hearing we need a new centre back or Bannan's crap we need a defensive midfielder and that will sort problems out. They are wrong! It will help the problems but the real problem is playing the long ball, playing through the middle too much, not using wingers propperly (AT ALL) and poor coaching.

I watched us last night have 75% of the ball last night and do **** all with it and play it through the middle each and every time. (all season)

I watched us last night and players dont move around enough off the ball or run into space to make for an effective passing option. (all season)

I watched us last night play 4 4 2 and both the 'wingers' came inside and whenever they did stay on the wing they didnt drive the ball down the wing which on many many occasions they could have done to put a cross in for the strikers. (ALL SEASON)

I have watched us this season consistantly **** UP mainly because of poor coaching, play it into the wings we can cross more, play counter attacking football, put crosses in for 2 excellent headers of the ball and the three natural finishers we have at the club.

I'm pissed off with this shit get a manager who is tactically aware, and can man manage its not that hard gimmie his salary i'll do it.

Dickheads in charge

The first Villa manager I can really remember was Tommy Doc so my list to compare this imbecile against is

Tommy Doc

Vic Crowe

Ron Saunders

Tony Barton

Graham Turner

Billy McNeill

Graham Taylor

Dr Jo

Ron Atkinson

Brian Little

John Gregory

GT Mk2

DOL

MON

Houllier

McLeish

Mumbling Moron

Like his team he is pretty much close to the bottom of that list - on a par with Billy McBingo at the moment

Yep because us fans love just been seen as just money signs and should have no opinion on football NOT.

Fans should be ignored to an extent. Opinions on players should be ignored and the manager should make his own judgement. IMO Isolating Hutton/Warnock was an attempt to win over the fans and I'm convinced by that. Fans were very happy with Lambert when he made this move but to be fair we all expected adequte replacements.

Ignoring fans for managerial appointments like Mcliesh is just very very bad business all round.

Not even that rich anymore by all accounts

FFS Norwich must be revelling in this, and MON aswell as McLeish.

Bottom of the form table, Norwich?

Probably not doing that much revelling.

http://tinyurl.com/arf3u9d

Still angry about yesterday and not thinking as clearly on the situation as I like but Andy Gray sums it up pretty well.

Lambert doesn't know what he is doing.

Andy Gray can **** off - the opinion of a man who turned down the chance of being a manager to be a tv pundit shows what confidence he has in his own ability

Last night after the match I wanted him sacked, I just felt so disappointed, angry and frustrated with it all.

Having given the matter a bit of thought I think that maybe it won't help just sacking him. Randy Lerner is the problem and always will be the problem. After MON left we haven't spent the money we need and we've had poor managers and we haven't had any continuity.

I can see that people want Lambert gone and I think that's also a perfectly reasonable opinion. I just think the problem lies much deeper and it's a problem that a new manager won't fix. Our only hope is that Lerner sells up soon and we get in a decent owner who gives a shit.

These past three years have been horrible for the football club and that isn't Gerard Houllier's, Alex McLeish's or Paul Lambert's fault. It's Randy Lerner's problem.

We as fans really don't have any power. The only thing we can do is not show up to games.

Feelings are running so high that you've now become the voice of reason lol

I absolutely agree with you - it's either back him or sack him

Lambert has rightly taken responsibility for last night's miserable performance but if we are going to do something we need options and the squad we have at the moment doesn't provide that - 3 or 4 new faces required

People talking about "losing the dressing room" are well wide of the mark - the effort was clear to see, it is the quality we are lacking

I've always been the voice of reason VillaCas.

I probably was the only poster who thought that Lambert wasn't up to the job from a very early stage and stated that opinion on here while subsequently being slaughtered for it, you being one of the main protagonists in that.

It didn't need a crystal ball to see what was coming when your manager purchases exactly the wrong type of player that was needed.

More importantly we should now focus on why he did that?

I have been PM'd by a certain poster who has informed me the reasons for Lambert doing this in the first place was due to restrictions enforced on him by the chairman and those restrictions are apparently still in place.

If that is so and what has happened so far in the transfer window would certainly substantiate it, then we currently have a manager in no man's land created by the chairman, hence my post which alluded to back or sack him.

Now some might suggest I'm changing tact on my opinion of Lambert. I'm not as I still don't think he has got the best out of what he has available to him. Our defence is a shambles for instance and I still currently have many questions left unanswered on why Lambert left Norwich to come to a club such as ours at the moment?

As stated however in my previous post it was the chairman who appointed Lambert and if the chairman has placed severe restrictions on who Lambert could purchase in the summer, since we now are in very real danger of being relegated, it is up to the chairman to show faith in his choice of manager by giving him the required financial backing to either save us, or enough rope for the manager to hang himself with.

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

Andy Gray can **** off - the opinion of a man who turned down the chance of being a manager to be a tv pundit shows what confidence he has in his own ability

No matter what decision he made he talks a lot of sense. Sorry if it doesn't agree with your version of last night's events.

Our only hope is that Lerner sells up soon and we get in a super rich owner who can spunk a load of cash to make us competitive.

Fixed.

The problem isn't is as simple as Lerner simply being unwilling to spend. He has spent a very significant amount of money, relative to his own worth. But being competitive in football now is for the ultra rich only, and being a mere billionaire isn't nearly enough to put a club where Villa fans expect.

To put it another way, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

John

I have agreed with much of what you have said in the past, but I haven't heard you offering any alternative strategy other than get rid of Lambert & Lerner. Bluntly it is easy to say this and much harder to say what else should be done. FWIW it is worth I am as pissed off as the next fan, would like to see Lerner back Lambert NOW, but see no point, at this moment in Lambert going.

For or better or worse it is too late for that.

I've wanted Lerner to either sell up or invest on a basis that makes us competitive but is also one that isn't going to get us into severe financial trouble. I was hoping for some Benteke type signings but with Henke leaving and nothing happening with transfers its looking less likely. I would hope that Lerner is actively looking for a buyer but again I think it's unlikely.

I thought Lambert was doing a shit job before January but i thought he'd be backed so there was no real need to call for his head. The lack of backing he is getting means that we're going to have to rely on the squad we currently have. Lambert has shown that he is not able to get anything from them. He's made us worse than last season in pretty much every area. We're a shambolic joke at the moment and while I know Lerner is the real problem at the club Lambert has just made things worse.

So as of right now I think we'd have a better chance of staying up with someone like Mark Hughes in charge. I know things didn't go well at QPR but I think he'd organise this team better and I don't see how it actually could get worse.

But you have to question Lamberts judgement as well as his tactics. Surely after spending a whole summer with the squad he should have realised they were not good enough and he needed to bring in players that were as good as or better than the onces he was getting rid of or isolating.

It was plainly obvious the squad come Sept 30th was not good enough. Hell even Robbie Savage saw it!

I've always been the voice of reason VillaCas.

I probably was the only poster who thought that Lambert wasn't up to the job from a very early stage and stated that opinion on here while subsequently being slaughtered for it, you being one of the main protagonists in that.

It didn't need a crystal ball to see what was coming when your manager purchases exactly the wrong type of player that was needed.

More importantly we should now focus on why he did that?

I have been PM'd by a certain poster who has informed me the reasons for Lambert doing this in the first place was due to restrictions enforced on him by the chairman and those restrictions are apparently still in place.

If that is so and what has happened so far in the transfer window would certainly substantiate it, then we currently have a manager in no man's land created by the chairman, hence my post which alluded to back or sack him.

Now some might suggest I'm changing tact on my opinion of Lambert. I'm not as I still don't think he has got the best out of what he has available to him. Our defence is a shambles for instance and I still currently have many questions left unanswered on why Lambert left Norwich to come to a club such as ours at the moment?

As stated however in my previous post it was the chairman who appointed Lambert and if the chairman has placed severe restrictions on who Lambert could purchase in the summer, since we now are in very real danger of being relegated, it is up to the chairman to show faith in his choice of manager by giving him the required financial backing to either save us, or enough rope for the manager to hang himself with.

I still believe Lambert will turn out to be a good Villa manager but equally I absolutely expected far more from him to date - As you know my thoughts are that the worry is not that Lambert is a bad manager but that he is a decent manager and yet we are still in a mess.

From me, Hughes, RDM, Adkins etc would not be the answer. Rednapp also seems to me at least as someone who needs a decent transfer pot to make an impact

I'm not ITK but did hear a few things from a couple of very reliable sources concerning Lambert's purchases in the summer, his ability to play certain existing players and the lack of funding to do anything this window which matches with your thoughts.

For me although Lambert is having a terrible time of things he is at least standing up and facing the criticism - I'd like to hear direct from RL or PF about what their plans are for the club

3 or 4 new players needed or we are doomed

No matter what decision he made he talks a lot of sense. Sorry if it doesn't agree with your version of last night's events.

I agree with some of it but I'm not having my club lectured to by a cock like him

If all the above is true about the restrictions placed on Lambert by the owners then I am very suprised he still took the job. The only reason is obviously money so if his reputation as a successful up and coming manager gets ruined by this. He only has himself to blame.