Paul Lambert

Pilchard

You seemed exceptionally critical (almost vitriolic in your criticism) of anyone who wasn't precisely on the same page as you (i.e. backing Lambert to the hilt).

Wouid be nice if he could just admit he was wrong.

Wouid be nice if he could just admit he was wrong.

Why should he admit he was wrong when we have no way of knowing whether he was or not?

The biggest criticism of Lambert seems to be that he has kept Bent, Warnock and Hutton(!) out of the side. I think we shoul allow the possibility that this is the right thing to do if those players aren't buying into his ideas. Yes, results might suffer in the short term (They seem to be :( ), but if that means we are setting things up to be in a position of having a united, motivated squad who work for him and for each other I'd say it's a price worth paying.

Then again maybe the people saying Lambert should go are right. There are heaps of outstanding managers available who without doubt could instantly turn things around. Mark Hughes for example: a wonderful man with an impeccable record in management, or Mick McCarthy: I bet we could get him to buy into the owner's vision for the club. These managers would no doubt have 100% of us fans on board. If they happened to lose a few games at least they wouldn't be Paul Lambert, whom none of us wanted in the first place.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 1

Why should he admit he was wrong when we have no way of knowing whether he was or not?

The biggest criticism of Lambert seems to be that he has kept Bent, Warnock and Hutton(!) out of the side. I think we shoul allow the possibility that this is the right thing to do if those players aren't buying into his ideas. Yes, results might suffer in the short term (They seem to be :( ), but if that means we are setting things up to be in a position of having a united, motivated squad who work for him and for each other I'd say it's a price worth paying.

Then again maybe the people saying Lambert should go are right. There are heaps of outstanding managers available who without doubt could instantly turn things around. Mark Hughes for example: a wonderful man with an impeccable record in management, or Mick McCarthy: I bet we could get him to buy into the owner's vision for the club. These managers would no doubt have 100% of us fans on board. If they happened to lose a few games at least they wouldn't be Paul Lambert, whom none of us wanted in the first place.

Mark Hughes ?!

FFS he had all the money in the world at Man City and QPR and couldent do **** all, so what will he do at Villa with virtually no money at all ?

Mark Hughes ?!

FFS he had all the money in the world at Man City and QPR and couldent do **** all, so what will he do at Villa with virtually no money at all ?

To be fair Hughes has a point to prove and managed it at Blackburn. We need someone else to come in and at least try to motivate people.

Lambert just looms resigned to our fate.

The problem is Lambert and Lerner.

Lambert has not got the guts to tell Lerner that you need Pl players to stay in the PL. If you could stay in the PL with lower division players then none of the promoted clubs would struggle, would they ?!

Lerner needs to know that you have to spend a certain mininum amount to stay in the PL. You have to have a certain standard of player to stay in the PL otherwise teams like Chelsea and the 2 Manchester clubs could all stay in the PL just by buying players from the top 3-4 championship teams.FFS how hard is it to work that out :huh:

I don't think we were too harsh on McLeish I just think some people are too leniant with Lambert. How he still has the support he has I don't know.

Probably because people know that Lerner is the main cause of the problems here along with that plonker Faulkner, and whilst Lambert has done a few things that people haven't liked he is trying to do his best, why isn't Lerner getting some stick at games for what he has done or is he getting away with gutting and asset stripping this club because he gives the fans free scarves/flags/coach travel....LERNER OUT

Hope this is true he taking us nowhere but down the league and in championship it hurts badly.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4740956/Paul-Lambert-close-to-sack-at-Aston-Villa.html

Typical rag speculative bullshit! Although, that fool Lerner would listen to the fans if there was ever a poll on here asking if we should keep him and the majority said "NO". Then we would probably end up with a replacement who gets the majority vote of "YES".

Lambert could be a victim of his own success and now be out of his depth and comfort zone, only the future will tell. Coyle suffered that last season and who'd have thought Alan Pardew would have Newcastle just two points above our shittiest team for a very long time? This year it could be Nigel Adkins or Chris Houghton that have a good season before coming unstuck next season.

We have spent far too much money chopping and changing managers. We got the man that the majority wanted. We got out the man the majority wanted out. The owner's transfer policy is detrimental to our top flight status and is the cancer to the club. When we remove that - whether it be the players affecting the transfer policy or the owner himself - we may begin to see a brighter future. For now, not only can I see us going down, I also fear our survival in the Championship!

• Like 2

Changing manager now is a such a ridiculous idea and shouldn't even be considered. What needs to happen is simple, allow Lambert to strengthen the squad before the window closes. The current squad's confidence is shot, I can't think of many teams whose confidence wouldn't be after an 8-0 mauling.They need people in who can lift the squad, grab games by the scruff of the neck and turn this mess around.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Just read his comments after the game and surprise surprise all he talks about is the wrong penalty decision and how much effort we put in

no reference to what is going wrong or any kind of a plan

so we the fans are just left witnessing a defeat every single week with no explanation

8 POINTS more worse off than this time last year

christ

See thats what annoys me , all we get is boys put in effort etc.No explanation for why we cant defend.We lost 1 nil but Soton sack back 2nd half and even then every time Puncheon got the ball or Lambert flicked ball on we looked edgy.