Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert

"It's disappointing, but that's the way things seem to be going for us at the moment - we don't seem to be getting the little breaks.

"We had loads of chances, but if we keep that effort up and that commitment - that's the way to play the game of football"

"We're getting kicked all over the place at the minute, but you keep battling through and meeting the challenge head on"

Yes paul that is the way you play the game of football

Defending like a pub side

Edited by AshVilla

Did he say it again today? Is he retarded?

Yes he did. And he also said "We go again" too.

Excuses already being made for no signings this window. "It will be tough to bring them in".

The man is seriously beyond defence.

Collins will always be Collins. Dominant in the air and utterly hopeless on the ground. I saw West Brom vs. West Ham and he was atrocious but won nearly everything. You speak as if he was actually good for us last season. He was on 40k a week. I'd take a young player through the youth system on much less with much greater potential than Collins. Plus we replaced him with Vlaar not Clark, who is better and had been ever-present for Feyernoord for the past two seasons.

In terms of Lowton, I don't know. I've watched Lowton every week and he's generally been good whereas I've watched Clyne a few times and he's also generally been good. Point being he's been a good signing in my opinion and it doesn't really affect my opinion because somebody else may or may not be better. He's been poor recently, but I really don't think Cafu would look good in that defence.

I didn't say we'd replaced him with Clark - I said that Vlaar was injury prone (look at his career not just last season) and that as a result we were having to play Clark, who clearly isn't up to being a CH.

You say you'd take a young player from the youth system - what, such as Clark? He's undoubtedly worst that Collins and in truth I'm not bothered whether he's on £40K or £4K - what I want is to stay up.

I agree that Cafu would look useless in our defence which has been built by Lambert.

Yes he did. And he also said "We go again" too.

Excuses already being made for no signings this window. "It will be tough to bring them in".

The man is seriously beyond defence.

Well if we aren't going to be getting more players in to sort our squad out I have zero faith in Lambert to save us this season. I would even go so far as to take a punt on Mark Hughes on a 6 month contract.

Any chance of Gary McAllister coming back? Out of all our recent managers he was the only one with the air of Premier league solidity and a bit of competence. Not a world beater for sure but the man wouldnt have us in this spot.

Gary McAllister. **** me. Look at his managerial record. It is not good. He had a brief 5 game spell in charge of us where we took 8 points. Drawing with Wigan and Stoke, losing to Albion and in our last 2 games of that season beat Arsenal and Liverpool who both played as though they had already gone on there summer breaks.

Kev Mac had a similar 5 game spell in charge in 10/11 when we took 7 points in 5 games but I wouldn't want him either. It is the 33 points under Houllier and the gutless tripe served up under him in 28 games that make Kev Mac and G Mac look better than they really were for very brief spells.

Lambert isn't going anywhere anytime soon anyway. He will either be backed and keep us up or he won't and we'll sink with him in charge but he won't be sacked.

Edited by markavfc40

Well, if we overcome Bradford, he has a 50/50 chance of his prediction coming true.

What he failed to add to his statement was we'd be in The Championship while trying to achieve this goal.

He doesn't have a clue, nor does Lerner or anyone else running this club. That's the bottom line.

Cuz Stone Cold SAID SO! :P

Seriously, there's no point talking sense to anyone who still lays no blame at randy's door right now.

I'm not laying the blame at anybodies door. The reality is that as a club our main focus appears to be bringing the finances in line whilst keeping the team in the PL, whether that's to shore things up before the FFP rules come in or to correct some of the overspending of the last few years.

Seriously, there's no point talking sense to anyone who still lays no blame at randy's door right now.

Seriously, if you read any of my posts i have blamed Lerner. I just don't see why you or anyone else would think he could want the club to fail.

In any case Lerner isn't going anywhere right now as nobody wants to buy us even if he wanted to sell, and as he owns the football club what do you propose we do ?

Lambert has isolated our senior players (if this was at the request of Lerner, then more fool Lambert for taking the blame).

Lambert has spent the money he was given on area's of the team that didn't really need improving (Fullbacks he's signed are no better than what we already had).

Lambert has made our defence worse

Lambert has made our midfield worse (I accept that we miss Petrov)

How is Lambert not to blame for the backwards steps our team has taken since McLeish was sacked ?

I want to. But football is a results based business and quite honestly, he's failing badly. To back him now is just blind faith.

Football is a results based business your absolutely right, but if you are not plugging enough money back into the business then you will not get the results you expect and definately fail badly as a consequence. - Lamberts hands are tied behind his back and to say he is on a shoe string budget is an understatement. It's more like 1cm of floss!

RANDY PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!

What he did at Norwich wasn't a fluke. The difference is that he buil momentum in League 1 with Norwich, not the Premier League. Maybe it's blind faith because I wanted him in the summer,but I'd keep him even if relegated.

Seriously, if you read any of my posts i have blamed Lerner. I just don't see why you or anyone else would think he could want the club to fail.

In any case Lerner isn't going anywhere right now as nobody wants to buy us even if he wanted to sell, and as he owns the football club what do you propose we do ?

Lambert has isolated our senior players (if this was at the request of Lerner, then more fool Lambert for taking the blame).

Lambert has spent the money he was given on area's of the team that didn't really need improving (Fullbacks he's signed are no better than what we already had).

Lambert has made our defence worse

Lambert has made our midfield worse (I accept that we miss Petrov)

How is Lambert not to blame for the backwards steps our team has taken since McLeish was sacked ?

Lambert is partly to blame, i won't disagree with that.

And i don't think that lerner wants to fail, i think anyone who thinks that is wrong.

I can't agree though when you said

I struggle to see how Lerner can be responsible

I think its quite easy to see.

What he did at Norwich wasn't a fluke. The difference is that he buil momentum in League 1 with Norwich, not the Premier League. Maybe it's blind faith because I wanted him in the summer,but I'd keep him even if relegated.

Strangely, I agree. If we are to spend no money on staying up, then this team need to go down a division and (hopefully) learn what it's like to win football matches and build some momentum. They just look out of their depth at the minute.

Either this is one serious **** joke that Randy Lerner is playing with this club and is going to come out and allow Paul Lambert to evenyually spend another 30m in the next 19 days but sadly I think there is more chance seeing me replacing PL as manager than there is of this happening!

2 loans and 5m spent between 2 players from the lower divisions is about the most likely to happen at a stretch but this is just not going to cut it with the fans!

A COMPLETE UTTER **** SHAMBLES OF OWNERSHIP!

How about if Lambert was told we couldn't offer wages higher than £30,000 a week. Who could he sign with Premier experience

How do you know that's the case?

Myth is it Mantis? So where the **** are the signings??? I don't see any yet.

That's strange reasoning. We haven't bought anyone in the first 12 days of the window therefore Lambert has his hands tied?

Strangely, I agree. If we are to spend no money on staying up, then this team need to go down a division and (hopefully) learn what it's like to win football matches and build some momentum. They just look out of their depth at the minute.

Yeah but then what happens then if everything goes to plan in the Championship? I can't see Lambert making us anything more than a relegation battling team. Edited by Mantis