Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Even anyone of the opinion that Lambert should go must realise now would be a ridiculous time to sack him.

who knows? Lerner has done some stupid things so he has a track record

Disagree a new manger (an experiencced manager) would steady the ship, regain the dressing room, set the team up properly, set the tactics right, motivate the players, make appropriate changes during a game.

Lambert is doing NONE of the above and it's getting worse day by day.

I still disagree a bit about the experience thing though. It's not just experience we need but quality. Good players don't have to have experience. Look at Lowton and Benteke. Sadly Lambert has also signed up the likes of KEA and Bennett and is stuck with a piss poor CM area containing Delph and Bannan as 1st teamers and a CB pairing of Baker (potentially good) and Clark (meh).

Disagree a new manger (an experiencced manager) would steady the ship, regain the dressing room, set the team up properly, set the tactics right, motivate the players, make appropriate changes during a game.

Lambert is doing NONE of the above and it's getting worse day by day.

Who have you got in mind - Mick McCarthy has a job at the moment. Peter Reid? Ron Atkinson? Martin O'Neill will be free soon?

Has PL "lost the dressing room" then? How do you know?

Edited by VillaCas

the hounding of Lambert by some people is just as embarrassing as last nights defeat. Our best players this season have been players he's signed. he joined us in the summer with a woefully unbalanced squad, he said himself he weren't happy with it once the August window had shut, but in turn you have to give some players the chance to grow or hang them selves. It's sad to see that the majority of players have made it clear they aren't good enough.

Barring Weimann, Lowton, Westwood, Vlaar, Benteke and Guzan. that's still some way from having a decent team. Experience pros like Ireland, Gabby and Bent are showing themselves not worthy of the shirt while the true ability of the likes of Delph, Bannan and Clark has been revealed in the harshest of winters. Regardless of if we escape relegation, the squad needs gutting.

Bang on! People seem to forget that we had a crap squad to start with. Our best player's this season have been Benteke, Lowton, Weimann, Guzan and Westwood, 3 of which Lambert bought himself, 1 who he resigned and 1 from the acadamy.

Yes there are thing's that Lambert could improve so why don't people give him time to do that instead of calling for his head.

We had this yesterday didn't we - he had to cut the wage bill

Well firstly 4 wages is less than 8, 4 good players wouldn't cost much more than 8 average ones.

Secondly, if we are currently at the limit of our wage structure then we are **** becasue we need real changes this window to fix the mistakes of the summer.

I would have kept him too - I heard that he was a real injury concern and that was why he was let go?

And yet Carlos has played all season whilst Vlaar has been on the treatment table for months with no sign of return. We had to pay a transfer fee to make this happen as well. Beggers belief...

Bang on! People seem to forget that we had a crap squad to start with. Our best player's this season have been Benteke, Lowton, Weimann, Guzan and Westwood, 3 of which Lambert bought himself, 1 who he resigned and 1 from the acadamy.

Yes there are thing's that Lambert could improve so why don't people give him time to do that instead of calling for his head.

agree with both of these. Football is not a pragmatic game by nature and I really fear the tide has turned. I fear for this club if so

There is no sign that he has lost the dressing room. The only thing that is clear is that we have an artist currently working with extra thick crayons.

Even my Mrs said last night that the players are to blame. Half look like they can't be bothered and the other half are shit. Lambert needs to sort this squad out, more players like Benteke, Vlaar and Lowton please.

EDIT - Exclude Lowton, Weimann and Benteke from my half can't be bothered/are shit comment.

Edited by jacketspuds

Who have you got in mind - Mick McCarthy has a job at the moment. Peter Reid? Ron Atkinson? Martin O'Neill will be free soon?

Has PL "lost the dressing room" then? How do you know?

He doesn't know anything and is a known poster who jumps off the deep end every week depending on the result.

I'm firmly in the lambert camp. The disaster that has been Aston Villa over the last few yrs was never going to be fixed in one season, maybe not even two.

Getting rid of him now would be madness.

It sounds like a shit load of fickle fans went to Bradford last night :s

Sounded to me that the villa fans who were actually there were fantastic. Sang their hearts out from what I could hear.

On the playing front - a top notch CB - and a midfielder would probably be enough to keep us up.

Problem is Lamberts credibility is shot to pieces - Lets say he recalled Hutton\Warnock and we won a game - great - but his young and hungry project would be in tatters - If I suspect he promised to rebuild villa with gems from the lower leagues, and our academy - its not as easy as phoning Randy, saying i need 2 £10m players , on 70k a week.

Ive been thinking relegation since we failed to beat norwich at home - I really can't see any way forward. I reckon PL can't either - which is why I wouldn't be surprised if he quits after the southampton game.