Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I think Lambert would be well advised to drop the Martin O'Neill appreciation society.

It may be genuine how he feels about Martin, But in some quarters it will appear as a weakness in the same way that Andre Santos will be viewed asking for Robin Van Persie's shirt.....It just don't come over in the right way....can you imagine Andy Gray doing that.

I'm not saying Fergie does everything right, but along with Ron Saunders,Bill Shankly & Jose Mourinho...those types would never do that either by championing another manager they are competing against.

Tradegy for me is I think Lambert will be better, he needs to believe that too.

I think Lambert would be well advised to drop the Martin O'Neill appreciation society.

It may be genuine how he feels about Martin, But in some quarters it will appear as a weakness in the same way that Andre Santos will be viewed asking for Robin Van Persie's shirt.....It just don't come over in the right way.

I'm not saying Fergie does everything right, but along with Ron Saunders,Bill Shankly & Jose Mourinho...those types would never do that.

Agreed. Lamberts coming across as an understudy and could be construed as a sign of weakness.

It may be genuine how he feels about Martin, But in some quarters it will appear as a weakness in the same way that Andre Santos will be viewed asking for Robin Van Persie's shirt.....It just don't come over in the right way.

I'm not saying Fergie does everything right, but along with Ron Saunders,Bill Shankly & Jose Mourinho...those types would never do that.

Mourinho was pretty much te founding member of the Fergie appreciation society.

Kidding me? They hated each other when he was in England. Once he moved out they have kept a mutual respect for each other, because let's face it, when they are not facing each other they are probably the best managers in the world and they know it. Rafa Benitez of course hated Fergie even more since his team was so superior to his own, so he had to have something to bitch about.

I actually think the MON fan club is about disperse anyway. As one commentator said 'He always leaves a bit of car crash behind him'

Im pinching this from another forum - but its an excellent point :-

My own opinion is that O'Neill has had his career planned right down to the finest detail and the wheels came off when he was not offered the Liverpool job.

I think that we in many ways are witnessing an evolution(in relative terms) and not a revolution.

And I do appriciate watching it, if ever so nevracking at times.

Will remain patient.

talkSHITE linking us with Górnik Zabrze's 18 year-old Polish international striker Arkadiusz Milik. Enjoy this wholly epitomised video...

Wow...

Pace, strength & he knows where the goal is. For us Villa fans this seems like some crazy dream that just couldn't come true...