Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Defour would have been a great buy.

Indeed! Would probably be skipper by now! Shame really :/ There's a few young 20-24 year old players in Europe who we could sign for fairly cheap prices 5-8m who would add something to us.... Emilio Nsue? Pace and Skills.... Flog Charlie Nzo and bring in him and Nsue would be more effective Imo!

There was something interesting on TalkSports website which showed we had spent the fourth highest on transfers over the previous six years.

Do you have a link for that? I don't recall seeing it and it doesn't come up on a search.

Which six years are you talking about?

We really need to shore up the midfield area. Lambert is no fool and must realise Delph & KEA are not good enough at this level

He and his scouts certainly thought KEA had the goods....and I doubt they've lost faith in him in just 3 months. I think KEA is low on confidence right now, an affliction most of the players seem to have these days...

As stated in the match thread 'ciggiesnbeer' i think we very well might get the three points tomorrow. We desperately need the points. Jesus if we lose with our fixture list coming up then we'll all see if Lambert is as good as the majority on here think he is. It will be a massive test for him and his new signings whatever we both think.

Oh Jesus, here we go again. No it won't prove anything either way - we're in the middle of a massive rebuilding job and anyone with any sense will expect very little from the Man U/Man City/Arsenal games because it's very early days. The vast majority of people said they'd give Lambert the season before making judgments, a sprinkling might be reneging on what they said but you didn't even give him double figures before you started your endless whinge-filled tirade against him.

• Like 1

That's harsh on Morpheus to be fair. Lambert should be doing much better than he is. He's been quite poor so far with his overall handling of the job. I hope he grows into it quickly.

Indeed! Would probably be skipper by now! Shame really :/ There's a few young 20-24 year old players in Europe who we could sign for fairly cheap prices 5-8m who would add something to us.... Emilio Nsue? Pace and Skills.... Flog Charlie Nzo and bring in him and Nsue would be more effective Imo!

That the guy that plays for Mallorca?

Oh Jesus, here we go again. No it won't prove anything either way - we're in the middle of a massive rebuilding job and anyone with any sense will expect very little from the Man U/Man City/Arsenal games because it's very early days. The vast majority of people said they'd give Lambert the season before making judgments, a sprinkling might be reneging on what they said but you didn't even give him double figures before you started your endless whinge-filled tirade against him.

+1 from me he needs 1 and 1/2 seasons before i will label him, 3 transfer windows, he has made 3 or 4 good signings so far on the cheap.

Bentekke, Lowton.Vlarr and getting Guzan back was good buisness for good fees 2 more windows with these type of signings and we will have a good enough side.

the other youngsters he brought might allso come good for all we know

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm gonna put this out there.

Even if we get relegated, I still want Lambert to remain in charge,

unlike last season, relegation won't be a reflection on the style of play, simply a reflection on the quality of our squad. The fact is, last season we surrendered too many points by simply failing to have a go st teams. This season we are being punished because of having naive/in-experienced players. I hope this will turn around with the more games they play at this level.

We've seen so far, Lambert can pick a player, if we didn't have Vlaar, El Ehmadi and Benteke, we might not have many reasons to be hopeful. On top of that dropping Given for Guzan has been fully justified so far by Guzans form.

We've just had some misfortune as of late with the centre back crisis.

• Like 1

No! Read your own post again.

You said "More great signings?.. where are they?"

More means more to come. next time players can come will be January.

Once again you have ignored the facts and gone off in another direction.

It begs me to believe are you on a wind up to get 'reactions' or are you just acting stupid on purpose?

No it doesn't. 'More' in the context of my reply to the post meant that there already had been a reference to great signings made by Lambert in the summer. Please view 'ciggiesnbeer's' post on which he comments on your 'reaction' to my post on the previous page. You need to read the post again and as for 'acting stupid on purpose' your doing a very good job of that on your own.

'The vast majority of people said they'd give Lambert the season before making judgements.' Does that mean we all should follow suit, or, are we allowed to have our own opinion? Conform, or your opinion is described as a 'whinge-filled tirade.' At least i have stood by my opinion and will continue to do so until Lambert turns us around. If my opinion upsets you so much then hit the ignore button.

'The vast majority of people said they'd give Lambert the season before making judgements.' Does that mean we all should follow suit, or, are we allowed to have our own opinion? Conform, or your opinion is described as a 'whinge-filled tirade.' At least i have stood by my opinion and will continue to do so until Lambert turns us around. If my opinion upsets you so much then hit the ignore button.

Fair play to Morpheus for standing by your opinion so rigidly..

I'm a little bit inbetween both stances on Lambert. I was pretty happy for him to join and am prepared to give him time. I could understand his ideas in bringing through young hungry players.

However, I did think he would have more of an impact, both In terms of motivating players and tactics.. The first few games of the season you could see signs that we were trying to play a possession game, working the ball through the back and midfield, the final pass of creativity wasn't coming off but i thought that would come eventually. However, in more recents game it seems the passing through the team has changed, it hits midfield then back to defence and launched forward. It baffles me..also he has made some strange tactical moves see the substitution of gabby and benteke vs Norwich

• Like 1

I am pretty sure Lambert was brought in to work within a tight (relative) budget. we were all telling him that there were gems to be had from Europe, the leagues, and our youth set up.

I wonder the reaction be in if the Jan window - we signed Rio Ferdinand, and Bobby Zamora - for example. two players who probably get us out of the shit in the short term - but would very much go against what Lambert was brought here to do.

If he makes signings in Jan, I feel they will be in the mould of what he has already done - mainly young, without prem experience, and not much above £3-4m a piece - whether that will be enough is open to debate - but I don't see Lambert going for established prem players.

No, it doesn't - don't put my words into my mouth. In this instance it shows that you are a lot more unreasonable in your expectations compared to pretty much everyone else and this is why your opinion is coming under scrutiny. Perhaps you're on the wind-up, perhaps you're desperate for attention and in a rush to label yourself a 'non-conformist' - whatever, it doesn't matter. As has been stated many times in the past, this is a forum, you're allowed to voice an opinion and I'm allowed to have an opinion about your opinion. You can stand by your opinion as much as you like but isn't admirable or praise-worthy, it merely shows a lack of objectivity.

Good, I hope he doesn't go for established Premier League players (unless they're actually worth it). More buys in the mould of Vlaar/Benteke please.

This might be me being stupid and thinking like a player of FM/CM/Fifa but If we had around 19m to spend in Jan I'd go for....

Emilio Nsue (Wng) £4m

Beram Keyal (Dm) £4m

Nick Viergever (Cb) £4m

Nacer Chadli (Am) £7m

That would add quality to the team and pretty affordable tbh means in the Summer we would maybe need 1-2 additions and would give all the new players a full chance of a Preseason together!