Paul Lambert

Pilchard

No you (or anyone) probably can't think where he would go at the moment - there aren't any vacancies - but that changes quite rapidly. Given the funding he gets at villa - a club which looks a sideways step - may actually appear to Lambo.

The board attracted Lambert to the club with the understanding that it was a long term project. I also think PL has been given decent funding and backing by the board. PL has been given the autonomy (within financial reason) to change the entire footballing side and build a team that supports his vision, I think this is quite rare for a premier league club and the board deserve some credit for taking the club in this direction. 

It will be interesting to see what transfer money will be given to PL and more importantly the type of player that will join us after this season. You can also assume that Lambert will spend more of the upcoming transfer funds on less players compared with the vast recruitment over the last few transfer windows, hopefully it will allow us to attract more established players. I do think we will be ready to show some ambition in the future.

It would be illogical and a bad decision for Lambert to join a similar club; any vacancy would likely be vacated because of failure, Lambert would most likely have to start again under financial restrictions and rebuild another club. What is the point of him joining our club? Directly moving to a similar club would just prolong PL's career development and ruin what he has already started here. I do not see this occurring, I would be hugely shocked if it does happen. 

Lambert will leave for two reasons in my opinion. I can see Lambert leaving us, after a long tenure, for a perennially top four team with the resources to win major competitions, which would mean he has steadily transformed us into a successful outfit that is competing regularly at the top end of the league and for domestic trophies, similar to David Moyes' tenure at Everton. Or PL will be sacked or resign for failing with us. Which scenario is likely to transpire? We will begin to find out in the next eighteen months. I have faith PL can turn us around and get us back to where MON left us, maybe better than that.

Lambert wont manage a premier league top 4 team. He will probably end up at Celtic

No you (or anyone) probably can't think where he would go at the moment - there aren't any vacancies - but that changes quite rapidly. Given the funding he gets at villa - a club which looks a sideways step - may actually appear to Lambo.

The board attracted Lambert to the club with the understanding that it was a long term project. I also think PL has been given decent funding and backing by the board. PL has been given the autonomy (within financial reason) to change the entire footballing side and build a team that supports his vision, I think this is quite rare for a premier league club and the board deserve some credit for taking the club in this direction.

It will be interesting to see what transfer money will be given to PL and more importantly the type of player that will join us after this season. You can also assume that Lambert will spend more of the upcoming transfer funds on less players compared with the vast recruitment over the last few transfer windows, hopefully it will allow us to attract more established players. I do think we will be ready to show some ambition in the future.

It would be illogical and a bad decision for Lambert to join a similar club; any vacancy would likely be vacated because of failure, Lambert would most likely have to start again under financial restrictions and rebuild another club. What is the point of him joining our club? Directly moving to a similar club would just prolong PL's career development and ruin what he has already started here. I do not see this occurring, I would be hugely shocked if it does happen.

Lambert will leave for two reasons in my opinion. I can see Lambert leaving us, after a long tenure, for a perennially top four team with the resources to win major competitions, which would mean he has steadily transformed us into a successful outfit that is competing regularly at the top end of the league and for domestic trophies, similar to David Moyes' tenure at Everton. Or PL will be sacked or resign for failing with us. Which scenario is likely to transpire? We will begin to find out in the next eighteen months. I have faith PL can turn us around and get us back to where MON left us, maybe better than that.

Lambert wont manage a premier league top 4 team. He will probably end up at Celtic

Similar comments were probably made about a certain David Moyes 9 or 10 years ago.

When he is near the end of his career then perhaps. But I seriously doubt he will be taking a step back career wise any time soon. No disrespect to Celtic but right now they are a less attractive proposition than any Premier League team for a manager.

Similar comments were probably made about a certain David Moyes 9 or 10 years ago.

Moyes finished 17th in his 2nd season in charge of Everton after that, Everton finished 4th-8th in 8 of his 9 remaining seasons.

Fergie finished 11th in his 2nd season, 13th in his 3rd season and 6th in his 4th season at United. After that he finished between 1st and 3rd for 22 seasons.

Klopp finished 6th in his 1st season, 5th in his 2nd season at Dortmund. In the 3 following seasons he has won the league twice, 2nd once, won the German cup and beaten in the last minute of a Champions League final. And they were only been beaten by a truly special Bayern team in both competitions. 

If you don't give a manager time to build something then you will never know what they are truly capable of.

• Like 3

Moyes finished 17th in his 2nd season in charge of Everton after that, Everton finished 4th-8th in 8 of his 9 remaining seasons.

Fergie finished 11th in his 2nd season, 13th in his 3rd season and 6th in his 4th season at United. After that he finished between 1st and 3rd for 22 seasons.

Klopp finished 6th in his 1st season, 5th in his 2nd season at Dortmund. In the 3 following seasons he has won the league twice, 2nd once, won the German cup and beaten in the last minute of a Champions League final. And they were only been beaten by a truly special Bayern team in both competitions.

If you don't give a manager time to build something then you will never know what they are truly capable of.

Perfect.

Sorry maybe gave wrong impression. I think he will stay beyond his current contract. What I'm saying is further down the line in order to keep progressing more money has to be made available. Nothing to say it won't be at that stage. If it isn't and another club came in which excited him then maybe he would leave but I wouldn't worry right now about the manager leaving. Don't see that happening.

Cheers HH, I want Lambert here for a long time.

• Like 1

When he is near the end of his career then perhaps. But I seriously doubt he will be taking a step back career wise any time soon. No disrespect to Celtic but right now they are a less attractive proposition than any Premier League team for a manager.

He loves Celtic, plus there is always the lure of the Champions League

Probably about Gordon Strachan too...

Rather strange comments re lambert in the meaning evil. I think he might be playing games to ask for more money or get a new contract at Villa. Personally I think he should just focus on having a decent season with us and see what happens. He has solid backing from the board we dont have to sell unless a huge offer comes in for our players  and a reasonable transfer budget- where else would he go to at present?

Edited by The Fun Factory

By no stretch of the imagination could you deem our transfer budget reasonable and apart from one player who will probably go i don't think we've too many other players at the moment who would interest the right clubs.