Paul Lambert

Pilchard

On the bright side, we've been fantastic in our two away games so far this season against top quality teams and were it not for the officiating had 4 points (at least) from Arsenal and Chelsea away. Maybe our away form will be to us what home form is to most teams (in other words, where we get most of our points from).

Well it worked under MON partly didn't it?

But you can't keep on relying on picking up points away as there are plenty of difficult away grounds out there, just look at our recent record in Manchester as one example.

And the other thing is if we struggle to win at home, our crowds will start dropping significantly again as obviously more of our fans go to home rather than the away games we seem so good at.

On the bright side, we've been fantastic in our two away games so far this season against top quality teams and were it not for the officiating had 4 points (at least) from Arsenal and Chelsea away. Maybe our away form will be to us what home form is to most teams (in other words, where we get most of our points from).

Not picking on your post personally, but I really wish people would stop mentioning the refereeing, it makes us sound so small time. Shouldve wouldve couldve springs to mind. The decisions were made and the results stand.

Lambert was frustrated his team didn't show the usual drive and energy from the off against the Magpies.

Usual!?

Indeed we have conceded early in the first  4 leagues games and could easily have shipped one against Rotherham too !

Losing 2-1 to Newcastle is hardly the same as losing 8-0 to Chelsea.

Didn't say it was.

The point is, one win is not a reflection of how we are doing. But four results is. Please try and read it all and not pull out little bits.

Is it though? The fact that we've played 3 of last season's top 6 in our opening 4 games has for me made it hard to judge the situation properly yet. I mean, after the first 2 games, possibly even 3, you could say we had a very good start. The fact that after 4 games one could argue we've had a terrible start (3 points from 4 games) would suggest to me that it's still too early to get a reflection of how we're doing overall.

The 2 away games against arsenal and Chelsea we acquitted ourselves very well.

The 2 home games not very good against LIverpool and worrying against Newcastle.

To me we have a clear problem of playing at home...the shape and tactics is not right and the team selection is suspect.

This home problem is not something new, but does not appear to be getting any better.

Lamberts been lucky most fans have kept faith in him so far, I think most people like what he's doing however if he keeps making decisions even us fans can see are mental hes going to have villa park on his back. I think even in the 60th min he still had nobody warming up, then sends a striker on when our main striker aint even getting a sniff, then sends Tonev on in the 88th min to change the game ( I know he was waiting for a good 5 mins ), I'm no expert but WTF was he thinking

Not picking on your post personally, but I really wish people would stop mentioning the refereeing, it makes us sound so small time. Shouldve wouldve couldve springs to mind. The decisions were made and the results stand.

Have you not seen the decisions in the Chelsea game? I know most fans complain about referees most of the time but the officiating in that particular game was absolutely dreadful, and it should be taken into account when looking at our results. It's not "small time".

Been a while since I've been to the Villa, but I choose the worst possible game, no co fidence, can't pass, except backwards to Guzan every time, then blasted up front, giving them possession and playing that dog awful El Ahmadi, where was Sylla, at least he plays with passion, Lambert should be worried, 3 defeats on the spin not good enough. No plan B, no width, no pride

5 wins into 21 games at Villa park under Lambert in the league.

28 games since we kept a clean sheet in the league.

No plan b.

Over relaince on Benteke,

Buying a striker instead of a AM when everyone could see we were crying out for someone to link the play up.

Not looking good is it, no progress from last season.

Those slating Lambert, who do you want as our new manager?

As much as I am annoyed with our loss and performance today, I am 100% behind what Lambert is trying to do here, we've played well so far this season and we've had a very tough start. The international break has no doubt played its part in messing up our positive momentum too.

We have shipped 6 goals in 4 games, the same fixtures last season saw us concede 14 goals. 

We have obtained 3 points in 4 games, the same fixtures last season saw us obtain just 1 point.

We also still have the top scorer in the Premier League this season and this calendar year.

So far, that there indeed shows improvement in all the areas that matter but how about we keep our judgements on the progression of our team and manager until we've actually played more than a handful of games ey?

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Those slating Lambert, who do you want as our new manager?

As much as I am annoyed with our loss and performance today, I am 100% behind what Lambert is trying to do here, we've played well so far this season and we've had a very tough start. The international break has no doubt played its part in messing up our positive momentum too.

How about we keep our judgements on the progression of our team and manager until we've actually played more than a handful of games ey?

That is simply not an answer...referring to your first line.

I have been a supporter of Lambert since day one and still believe overall he is on the right lines....but today was not a good day for him IMO his selection should have been different...Sylla should have played and his reaction to poor performances was hesitant.

He needs to be more ruthless with poor individual performance.

Ps the performance of Ben Arfa may have illustrated what the fans have been asking for a no 10.....big mistake IMO not signing one.