Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I worry Lambert has no answers for the midfield. Its no good having one of the best strike forces in the premiership if you are running out of ideas how to feed them. Why can we play a quality passing game, out pass Arsenal. Then look like we have no idea how to work together???

Answers on a postcard.....

inconsistent young players

And whose fault is that?

• Like 1

I thought id see some sort of progression from the team against Newcastle. Saw absolute **** all. All these players and nothing to show for it. Newcastle are supposed to be everyone's favourite for relegation and we were supposed to be shooting for top 10. Looks worrying.

• Like 1

That team should not have lost today. It has quality all over and yet we had one shot in the first half and failed to make any real chances other than Gabby's and Clarke's, it is missing something. Following this team ruins my weekends.

you could argue we shouldnt have lost any of our opening four, which, depending on how you look at it, is either a massive improvement, or a massive disappointment

I worry Lambert has no answers for the midfield. Its no good having one of the best strike forces in the premiership if you are running out of ideas how to feed them. Why can we play a quality passing game, out pass Arsenal. Then look like we have no idea how to work together???

And whose fault is that?

why does it have to be anyone's fault? having young players is hardly a bad thing. people need to realise how long it takes to rebuild a football team. we have a young core of players who are improving all the time, and will continue to do so. people just need to give them the time they need. 

I have to say though that even though he's making some glaring errors this start is hardly helping things. Every team will have off days but it's still hard to predict what's going to happen, given that we shouldn't have lost against Chelsea (both on the performance and because of unfair refereeing) and we weren't that bad against a Liverpool team who are the form side in the league.

Obviously early days yet but I don't really see any point in him being here if we haven't imrpoved on last season by the end of this season. Long way to go yet though.

Come off it mate

Come off what? I didn't say I wanted him out or anything, just saying there isn't much point in him being here if we can't progress from last season. Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough but obviously that judgement can't be made until this season is over.

Edited by Mantis

I thought id see some sort of progression from the team against Newcastle. Saw absolute **** all. All these players and nothing to show for it. Newcastle are supposed to be everyone's favourite for relegation and we were supposed to be shooting for top 10. Looks worrying.

Stoke drew with City today, and Cardiff beat City in the last round of games

I wouldn't put too much weight in who's tipping who for what. It's football, nobody does as expected every match

• Like 2

And whose fault is that?

why does it have to be anyone's fault? having young players is hardly a bad thing. people need to realise how long it takes to rebuild a football team. we have a young core of players who are improving all the time, and will continue to do so. people just need to give them the time they need.

Which sounds great if we do actually have the ambition to build something.

Sadly I think we have an owner who targets survival while keeping costs low.

And whose fault is that?

Who exactly is improving all the time?  Not Clark, Lowton or Weimann on recent evidence.

And whose fault is that?

Who exactly is improving all the time?  Not Clark, Lowton or Weimann on recent evidence.

We're gradually improving the way we're playing as a unit, but we're hamstrung by players not turning up on given days - again that's what happens when you take a youth based approach. The plus side is that the players will either learn from that or be replaced. Weimann is going through poor form at the moment, that happens with every player. Clark though, has improved ten fold over a year ago. Lowton has been Mr. Reliable for us since he joined and is only in the first real form dip of his time at Villa. Villa fans are far too happy to paint everything as a disaster after a handful of games. Someone who's been playing well makes a mistake and all of a sudden hes shite, he's f-ing awful, he's useless. It's tiring to be honest, not watching the team play, because, personally anyway, I'm happy to watch a young bunch of lads progress, but being around here and listening to the garbage that comes with games, not just ones where we lose, but in games where we win. The guff players get is absolutely ridiculous. We're not Barcelona, but we'll certainly never have any chance to get there if people expect everyone on the pitch to play like Messi every week and boos them when they don't.

• Like 3

And whose fault is that?

I would've thought players like Lowton and Andi would kick on this season. Both haven't shown any major improvement from last season. More so for Andi, he doesn't look right at all.

• Like 1

I think behind closed doors its all about surviving and staying in the Premier league. If the players are gonna be inconsistant its surely not gonna work in this league....again!

Not good enough. I got stick for asking if we are the new Wigan, but that sounds pretty much like them.

I think behind closed doors its all about surviving and staying in the Premier league. If the players are gonna be inconsistant its surely not gonna work in this league....again!

This is not sustainable, just look at Wigan. You can't keep flirting with relegation, because you will go down.

Or you sell the club before it happens and not care.