What Do Us Villa Fans Want?

Villarocker

Simple question to all Villans really. What do you want from our club? Easiest thing to answer with is Lerner gone or Lambert gone but forgetting those guys right now, what is it we want from our club right now?

I know that many will answer with "To start winning and stay in the Premier League!" but what would that bring next season? If we do somehow stay up, something I am very much doubting, what then? Can anyone see Lerner parting company with Lambert if he does keep us up? I can't see that happening even if we go down to be honest. If nobody will take the "deadwood" off us now, who will want them in the summer? OK, we will have got rid of Dunne and Warnock from the payroll but they haven't even played a part in our season so who's to say that they will even be replaced by Lerner?! In fact, staying up might loosen the purse strings a little but what quality of player will we see come into the club anyway? Especially if Lambert remains as manager! We would surely start next season fearing the same experiences that we've endured this season. Groundhog day strikes again and another season of Premier League humiliation awaits us. When would this ever end? Will it be when some mugs come in for our cast-offs or when these guys have actually become out of contract? Even then, would Lerner still wish to invest in a club where the majority of the fans have lost all hope and respect for him?

On the flip side there will be fans out there saying "Bugger it, let's go down now and get it over and done with. At least we get to visit grounds we haven't been to for a long time and we might just see some wins". This sounds drastic and very scary, especially given the fact that we would probably still be relying on these "kids" to get us out of a league where former Premier League players are busting a gut to get back to the promised land of a bigger pay day! Maybe those "kids" would become men a lot quicker?! There are some things to look forward to in the Championship. Like I said earlier, there will be old grounds to re-visit. We will get to see a different type of football which may not involve thirty passes between the back four and 'keeper before the ball crosses the half-way line. We will get to see different players, you know, the type that gets up and fights to win the ball back after being floored, instead of those that roll around like they've been repeatly shot that you find gracing the "Best league in the world". We would also get to see more games in a season and we might (this is a big MIGHT) just get to see us win more games.

I love the fact that the Villa are partying with the elite in the Premier League. I like the status of us being in the top flight of English football. But, are we really that big? Our players certainly cannot class themselves as "BIG". Am I against spending my time watching Villa have a meaty game of footie against local rivals such as Blues, Wolves, Forest, Derby etc - not at all. The Premier League offers a more skillful type of player to watch and also brings the challenge of beating the likes of both mega-rich Manchester clubs and the elite clubs from London, which, when it happens, is thrilling. But, wouldn't the challenge of playing teams with us being the big boys of the division for a change bring it's own kind of perverse excitement? Would it be nice to play top dog for a change?

So, I ask you all, are us Villa fans happy for us to meddle around meaninglessly in the bottom half of the Premier League for the foreseeable future? Or, would you accept the fact that the glory days are behind us for a while and take up the challenge of dropping down a division to have a few scrapes down there whilst we await the removal of the deadwood from our great club?

I want us to be the best of the rest outside of the top 4

At the very minimum a stable mid table side that is where i think Villa belong

We cannot compete financially with the top 4 they are to far ahead

I certainly do not want us in the championship

Relegation is not an option.

I want Faulkner to resign. I want us to appoint someone with not only with experience of football and a business savvy mind but someone who loves the club. Ian Taylor instantly springs to mind, Graham Taylor etc.

I want Lerner to open up to the fans about his true feelings. Has he lost interest? Why is he not showing us any fight? Is there investment? JUST TELL US. If he really cares then ask our opinion. I want him to sell the club to someone who sees us for what we are. A HUGE club with a FANTASTIC history and tradition that should be better off than we are.

I want Lambert to carry on with his vision for us, but with better investment and better players.

I want Ireland, Bent, Given, Makoun, Dunne, Warnock and Hutton to **** off. It makes me sick that some fans will be struggling to pay the bills whilst working their arses off at various occupations, yet these tossers can turn up, play shite and still be millionaires.

I want Lambert to have options to divide the remainder of the squad. Who is good enough or truly has premier league potential (Clark, Weimann etc)? Who is not good enough for the premier league? (Bennett, Bannan, Herd etc).

Those are all for the future. Right now I want every single player who was involved in the semi's, the chelsea match, the spurs match, and the wigan match to give the money they earned in appearances and donate it to a Leukeamia (sp) charity on behalf of Stylian Petrov.

The one thing I always loved about Villa, and thought for sure it was back when Lerner arrived was having some class. I hope that is not lost.

I want us not to be a laughing stock for other clubs. I want things like the Bradford result, Gerard Houllier crying at the sight of his ex-employees stadium and ignoring his own fans when under Villa's pay, players being photographed on the piss, hiring a chump of a manager that got our dickhead neighbours relegated and losing main sponsorship twice due to terrible performances to just not happen.

• Like 1

i want us to be in a position where me moaning like **** about shit football is can be justified rather than being labelled as being bitter because we are shit

ideally i'd take what everton have, historically i think our 2 clubs are very similar but under moyes they have stabilised whereas we start all over again every 3 years

I expect/want the club to be able to compete - and right now, we do not look like we can. If we cannot afford a Premier League Quality Player (as appears to be suggested in other threads - before you all start), we have no business being in the league we're currently in.

If we are in a position where we cannot compete 'for evermore,' I'd turn my back on it all. **** if I'm spending 450+ quid on a season ticket just to turn up and see Villa make up the numbers. I don't love football that much.

I expect us to compete - we're Aston Villa. We gave league football to the world. The Premier League in England without Aston Villa would be like Nigel Kennedy having no violin to play.

Yeah, that sounds snobby. But it's true - this club is not here to simply make up the numbers. You earn the right to be in the top flight - and we fall well short at the moment and it ain't good enough.

--

Well you and I,

Collapsed in love.

And it looks like, we might have made it,

Looks like we've made it to the end...

What happened to us?

Soon it will be gone forever...

Infatuated only with ourselves,

And neither of us can think straight any more.

Well you and I,

Collapsed in love.

And it looks like, we might have made it,

Looks like we've made it to the end.

Edited by Raver50032

In an ideal world..........

First and foremost i want to see Petrov in a Villa shirt one more time even if it's just for 2 mins at the end of the last home game.

I want Gabby, Guzan, Benteke, Weimann, Vlaar, Baker, Lowton and Westwood to stay injury free for the rest of the season.

I want to see a holding midfielder and a centre back brought in in this window.

After that I'd like to see Given, Dunne, Ireland, Albrighton, Hutton, Warnock, Delphouneso and Makoun leave the wage bill and Lambert be backed by the owners to bring in a new midfield with an emphasis on wide players a priority.

I also would like a team to be proud of. I liked what Lerner was doing with the club when he came here. A stunning training ground, and beautiful renovation of the Holte Pub, the development on certain parts of Villa Park and the deal with Acorns - all very classy. But, to then give us this team, well, it's like owning an Aston Martin and having fake leopard skin seat covers in it!

Â