Genting not renewing sponsorship

Nabby

"A source said" :rolleyes:

We weren't exactly troubling the top of the league when Genting came in. If we were sat comfortably in mid-table they may also choose not to renew. It goes without saying that relegation would mean a loss in sponsorship revenue.

Are we really difficult to work with or something?

Couldn't get a sponsor in 2008 so we put Acorns on the shirt for two years.

Dropped by FXPro in 2011.

Dropped by Nike in 2012.

Dropped by Genting in 2013.

It can't be a coincidence, can it?

Are we really difficult to work with or something?

Couldn't get a sponsor in 2008 so we put Acorns on the shirt for two years.

Dropped by FXPro in 2011.

Dropped by Nike in 2012.

Dropped by Genting in 2013.

It can't be a coincidence, can it?

Correct me if I'm wrong but we was only dropped by FXPro weren't we, the other 2 is because of the deal expiring?

Correct me if I'm wrong but we was only dropped by FXPro weren't we, the other 2 is because of the deal expiring?

Well if you want to be strict about it then FXPro just decided not to take up the option of a second year too, but the point remains that a lot of companies have decided not to work with us again in quite a short space of time, all quite quickly after we couldn't find a main sponsor when the team were doing amazingly well. Each deal not working out might have it's own unique set of circumstances, I'm just wondering out loud if it is happening too often to be a coincidence.

Purely down to results and performance and from a business view, it's perfectly reasonable thing for Genting to do. When you get humiliated 8-0 on a Sunday evening with the entire world watching; when we have millions of tweets time and time again by large areas of media mocking us and everybody is laughing at us. When you've won the least amount of games and scored the least amount of goals in the entire football league over the last year, of course the sponsors would be annoyed, it does absolutely nothing for their business whatsoever.

Â