our support if we went down

Rugeley Villa

At the moment we average around 33k at home and our away support in terms of numbers can be hit and miss, just wondered what people thoughts are on what kind of support we would get if the unthinkable happend, and also if we did get amazing support could we keep it up year after year in the championship if we were to spend a few years in that division,

I'd say our home average if we were flying in the league would be 30k plus but if we were doin not so good around 25k, our away support would definately increase and we would sell out most places, I've heard a few villa fans say it would do us good to go down but I would not like to comment on that

I would still travel over to villa park no matter what division they are in..it's the whole culture around english football that fascintaes me..The humor,the songs,the pub visit before the game etc.

But ofcourse all of those things are probably alot better if the team is doing well.

People might think I'm mad for saying this but I reckon our average attendance would be higher if we got off to a decent start. We'd have more home games and more derbies. We might win more games too and that's what the fans would go to see - winning footie!

On the flip side, if we started off badly and continued being really shit, I could see gates as low as 15k for some games.

People might think I'm mad for saying this but I reckon our average attendance would be higher if we got off to a decent start. We'd have more home games and more derbies. We might win more games too and that's what the fans would go to see - winning footie!

On the flip side, if we started off badly and continued being really shit, I could see gates as low as 15k for some games.

I could see really big homes gates aswell if we were doin well

i reckon average home attendance would be around £20k, but thats depending on ticket prices still

i wont go to games anymore due to the price of tickets, i have more important things to spend my money on like bills

maybe if they reduced the price of the current ticket structure they might see more of an attendance, after all, the only decent players we see there is the opposition at the moment

Oh goody, another thread where everyone can say how much better it will be if we get relegated.

I reckon our crowds would be around 25,000 for the big games we are very lucky. A lot would depend on what they do with ticket prices and what results we were getting.

Attendances will dwindle. the stadium will be about half full. I reckon 20k average if we go down. People have already had enough of leaner, faulkner and Lambert. Cant see many backing them after relagation . If we go down we will go the same way as forest, Leeds and Wednesday. The club is a disgrace from top to bottom

maybe if they reduced the price of the current ticket structure they might see more of an attendance

I doubt it, fans want to see a team win games, and have an enjoyable day out, which is something that's been missing at VP for sometime and doesn't look like changing anytime soon.

I doubt it, fans want to see a team win games

That's not really been true with Villa fans over the years has it. We have had far more chance of beating the likes of Bolton, Reading, Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn, Stoke etc but crowds have been far lower for those games than for the much tougher looking games against the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs etc.

I'd still go possibly more out of habit than anything else now. I'd be very surprised though if average crowds were any higher than about 25k with many games attracting more like 22k.

Edited by markavfc40

Â