Is it "unthinkable"?

MikeMcKenna

Reading another thread which quoted a player from a rival club I have realised how crap things really are!

I've been here before several times and to an extent I'm resigned to the fact that its happening again!

BUT Fosters comments made me really, really **** angry!!!!!!

He is absolutely right!!!

WTF is going on? I hear Blandy and various others arguing against the state of the "arms race" and I basically agree - football finances must change. However I will be dead & buried before then :-(

Foster:

"Just driving down the motorway, you see the big stadium alongside and to think they could be playing Championship football is just unthinkable," says Foster.

"If you'd said that three or four years ago, you wouldn't have believed it. But times change."

Makes you want to scream!,,,

Edited by MikeMcKenna

I saw what Foster said on Sky earlier.

To answer your question "is it unthinkable?" NO, it isn't and unless something is done about it over the next two weeks then as much as it pains me to say it, there is absolutely no chance that we will survive. The squad, as proven so far, is simply not good enough! There are still a lot of points to play for and a few wins would see us mid table but with the way that we are playing, can you see where these wins are going to come from because I can't!

Have we actually played really well in a single Prem game this season? I'm not counting the cup games as largely against weakened teams.

You could say Man U but we lost, or Liverpool away but we were a touch lucky in reality in the first 30 mins... Perhaps Swansea at home? I struggle to actually think of 1 game!

I'm not counting the cup games as largely against weakened teams.

Norwich City

• 28 Bunn
  • 02 R Martin
  • 05 Bassong
  • 20 Barnett
  • 23 Tierney
  • 04 Johnson
  • 07 Snodgrass
  • 08 Howson (E Bennett - 87' )
  • 12 Pilkington
  • 09 Holt
  • 16 Morison (Jackson - 80' )

Manchester City

• 30 Pantilimon
  • 06 Lescott (Dzeko - 74' )
  • 13 Kolarov
  • 28 K Toure
  • 33 Nastasic
  • 07 Milner
  • 18 Barry
  • 62 Razak (Helan - 106' )
  • 32 Tevez
  • 36 Suarez (Sinclair - 62' )
  • 45 Balotelli

Not really that weak...

Edited by chappy

Have we actually played really well in a single Prem game this season? I'm not counting the cup games as largely against weakened teams.

You could say Man U but we lost, or Liverpool away but we were a touch lucky in reality in the first 30 mins... Perhaps Swansea at home? I struggle to actually think of 1 game!

We have played some decent football at times Man city away, Norwich away, its easy to pick the games we won handsomely, but Newcastle away i was quite impressed as they( newcastle) were playing better then.

Chelsea really undone us, that was a mauling and I ain't sure we have recovered yet.... but we must and I believe we can, But I think at the very least we need Vlaar back to steady the ship.

Reading another thread which quoted a player from a rival club I have realised how crap things really are!

I've been here before several times and to an extent I'm resigned to the fact that its happening again!

BUT Foster ... is absolutely right!!!

WTF is going on? I hear Blandy and various others arguing against the state of the "arms race" and I basically agree - football finances must change. However I will be dead & buried before then :-(

Foster:

"Just driving down the motorway, you see the big stadium alongside and to think they could be playing Championship football is just unthinkable," says Foster.

"If you'd said that three or four years ago, you wouldn't have believed it. But times change."

Makes you want to scream!,,,

I know. Then again, Newcastle, Leeds, Man City, Sunderland, Sheff Wed.... etc.

It's not unthinkable so much as very likely.

It'd be a shame in many ways, but I can't say it'd actually do so much as spoil my day if/when we do go down.

Not really that weak...

It is a mental thing though isn't it.

Players just arn't up for the league cup like they are in the premier league. It is not a real surprise that out results in that competition have been inconsistant with our results in the league.

I cant think of many times we have played well/dominated games for decades? Even under O'Neill they were smash and grab wins a lot of the time. I cant think of any time where we have been good in possession or done the basics like clear the ball, well. We have been a poor team for a number of years now in terms of actually playing football. Just thankful there is normally at least 3 teams who are worse. not this time tho.

to be fair foster could have come out and said "them lot are shit and i'll be amazed if they dont go down" and id struggle to do anything other than agree with him

we had a 2 game period vs swansea and newcastle where we ran round like dogs with 2 dicks looked really good and then decided not to bother with that again :(

and i agree with woodytom, was trying to explain to soem dingles in the office earlier, i cant remember a villa team that was shit hot with the ball, even with MON when we did well it was pacey counter attacking stuff but absolutely **** clueless when it came to the likes of wigan at home, how many of us would say the bolton goal was our best in about 10 years? is that because we've only scored about 3 of those team passing move goals in the last years?

it can happen to anyone, now its happening to us

how ironic that the manager that everyone wanted is the manager thats getting us relegated

True but don't think everyone wanted him.

One thing is for sure if we do go down we are not getting back up first time of asking imo.. if anything I think we'll be stuck down there for years.

Newcastle have a far bigger stadium and support than us and went down.

Leeds have a far bigger support and similar sized stadium and went down.

I thought we had more stability than those clubs but it appears not anymore.

I certainly wouldn't say Leeds have far bigger support. In fact I'd say ours is bigger.

Â