The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

Don't like the idea of dropping the keeper after one big mistake.

Wouldn't do much for his belief, and also leaves a big problem if the guy you bring in makes a cock up, there is then a sense of panic.

Leave it as it is for me.

• Like 3

i initially though he was a bit weak and flapped at it, but having seen a replay as he in the air jumping for the ball coleman moves away and pulls Givens left arm, causing him to miss the punch.

shocking from clattenburg (but not surprising given his performance the rest of the game).

Edited by andym

So, foul on Given or him flapping at it?

It was a foul but I thought he should also have been stronger to push Coleman off.

The few other saves he had to make he did well but there wasn't anything I wouldn't expect most keepers to make. I was disappointed with his distribution, there were a good few times he actually hit it too hard straight down the center and it went straight to Howard

• Like 1

Pretty clear example of the difference in style between him and Guzan. Goose would've been pouncing out to get that rather than stand on his line. 

• Like 1

I must admit I left on 90 so didn't see the goal, Given was fine rest of the match and excellent handling from a few long range shots. I actually thought he'd got to the penalty aswell the way Lukaku hit it.

Rest assured though a Big Sam team will flood the box for corners and set pieces next week, that mug Nolan will be on his toes as usual.

Yeah, Guzan in goal I don't think that goes in however there was a pass from Okore in the first half that made me thankful that Given was in goal because Goose probably would have fallen over trying to control it.

Pretty clear example of the difference in style between him and Guzan. Goose would've been pouncing out to get that rather than stand on his line. 

It was coming straight down from the sky, any keeper would of had to stay on the line and jump straight up to claim it.  Coleman had his hand grabbed and prevented him from getting off the ground.

• Like 1

It was coming straight down from the sky, any keeper would of had to stay on the line and jump straight up to claim it.  Coleman had his hand grabbed and prevented him from getting off the ground.

Never a foul for me - poor keeping.

Thats the reason I would have stuck with Guzan - is BG going to knocking on TS's door   'I take Im in v West Ham - as Shay dropped a clanger' 

Â