U.S. Politics

maqroll

59 minutes ago, BOF said:

How long before the results start coming in?  That's the real juicy bit :)

EDIT : Seems to be final result at ~04:00GMT

US election 2016: What time are the election results?

Most of the US will have to wait for polling stations to close - typically between 19:00 EST (00:00 GMT) and 20:00 EST (01:00 GMT) - for state projections.

As for the final result? Stay glued to your phone or TV or set your alarm for 23:00 EST (04:00 GMT). That's when West Coast polls close and history suggests a winner's declared. It was bang on the hour in 2008, and 15 minutes later in 2012.

It's got a list of times on there for when they expect projections to come in for various states.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Despite promising to do so, Trump is the first presidential candidate in 40 years to not release his tax returns.

Just what does the self-described billionaiire have to hide?

that he's not that rich, and prolly has all kinds of dodgy connections to fraud schemes and despots. he doesn't actually own most of his properties, he's licensed his name so that the actual developers have a brand name to sell. 

20 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Trumps lawyers already protesting against Nevada votes because the early polling stations were kept open too long.

They were kept open for people who were queuing before the closing time.

He's a genius. Evil, but a genius.

If he wins, great.

If he loses, it's rigged and here's my proof.

30 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

They were kept open for people who were queuing before the closing time.

Which is a legal requirement.

But Trump's lawyer has been known to cite law that was overturned 3 decades previously, so what can you say.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Which is a legal requirement.

But Trump's lawyer has been known to cite law that was overturned 3 decades previously, so what can you say.

People don't care about the truth because 'he says what he thinks'

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Trumps lawyers already protesting against Nevada votes because the early polling stations were kept open too long.

You mean they actually exist? Blimey. I mean Trump* has threatened to sue 67% of the population of the U.S. but never actually does so I assumed much like his charm and his hair they were figments of his wild imagination.

Shucks, you learn something new every day.

*Please don't sue me you comb over sporting spunktrumpt 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm really surprised that there are no similar laws to the UK, regarding publishing polls and results while the polling stations remain open.

In a country with 300 million guns and a presidential election featuring Trump? Really?

“I’ll have to see under what circumstances,” Trump said. “I want everything to be really, really smooth and really, really good. I understand the importance of that. I was very good in history. Frankly, I fully understand it is very important in so many different ways. I’ve been using the word long before Bernie Sanders ever used it, I guess they all got it from me. I was talking about his situation, I was talking about other situations. It’s largely a rigged system and you see it at the polling booths too.”

The words of Donald Trump. A man with such an easily bruised ego that 50+ years later, he feels the need to emphasise his abilities in his school history class.

• Like 1

Â