U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Try reading the posts before labelling people's opinions 'drivel'

Trump himself won't end the world.

Brexit on it's own won't end the world

I'm not even talking about him as a politician or Brexit as an event.

I'm talking about the impact of these things on the popular opinion. That it brings nastiness and hatred out of people's heads into public opinion. It happened after Brexit. Hate crime was up. Now we have politicians calling for 100,000 to march on independent judges for simply doing their job. How isn't that scary?

We're lurching further to far right as time goes on, and the last time that happened in Europe, well.

I used the word ridiculous earlier quite deliberately... I think you're over-reacting. Yes, lots of bad things are happening, but they've been happening for a long time.

Just now, villakram said:

Yes, lots of bad things are happening, but they've been happening for a long time.

I agree. But I've never seen such a major lurch to the right. Populist nationalism is dangerous and people are buying into it more and more as time goes on. We only have to look at history to see what happens when we lurch to the right so rapidly.

Going to lunch today, I overheard a 20yr female student on the phone to her friend say "I went in to vote for Her, but I just couldn't do it"... made me double take at the time, little did I know!

Ohio just called Trump, Florida imminent w/ 99% in... Peso at record low

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't believe it but this is as good as done. ****.

Strong Trump support from white people with no further education, where have we seen that before.

EDIT:  I'm tired and I was agreeing with you and extending the comparison back even further but then I read it back and maybe that's what you were referring to as well.

Best to ignore me at this point :D

Edited by StefanAVFC

Just now, Davkaus said:

I can't believe it but this is as good as done. ****.

Strong Trump support from white people with no further education, where have we seen that before.

Not so simple. The current economic system is designed to screw the majority for the benefit of a small minority. If the elite will not respond voluntarily, then other things will occur.

In times past, pitchforks would be used, but we're more civilized now?!?

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Michigan and Wisconsin are leaning Trump, wtf

Sanders beat Hillary from -20pts by hammering trade trade trade, just like Trump. NAFTA hit very hard here.

Edited by villakram

1 minute ago, villakram said:

In times past, pitchforks would be used, but we're more civilized now?!?

Tell that to the president elect whose campaign was built on building a wall to keep out foreigners and banning a collective of over a billion people.

These people aren't civil.

Â