U.S. Politics

maqroll

41 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

If this could somehow result in "person of interest" in the enquiry Nigel Farage serving a lengthy spell alongside some angry, heavyset men, that would be just smashing.

I would love this. And I voted for Brexit. 

20 minutes ago, peterms said:

And here is the confession of Trump campaign adviser Papadopoulous about lying to the FBI about connections between Russia and the Trump campaign regarding the Clinton emails.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4163402/Papadopoulos-Statement-Offense.pdf

Only had a quick browse through that, but isn't that incredibly damning, and surely more of a story than the Manafort stuff? 

Just now, andym said:

Only had a quick browse through that, but isn't that incredibly damning, and surely more of a story than the Manafort stuff? 

I think both are the tip of the iceberg.  Kushner and others were involved in the discussions around emails.  Trump knew as well, and the Papadopoulos indictment includes something about having a low level member of the campaign rather than Trump attend meetings about this so as to keep a low profile.

On the Manafort stuff, the question will be whether he wishes to give evidence implicating others or whether he wants to go down for a long time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Straggler said:

That tweet 102 gave me a happy little shudder.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this really is the start of the end for Trump.

Yeah, I mean I'm only going on this guy's profile and the articles he's written throughout the year but he seems to be very qualified and very across the finer details - even predicting that this Popodopolous or however you spell it would be the smoking gun - looks very promising to me. Which is why I think this will turn very nasty - Trump ain't going without causing misery. 

Â