U.S. Politics

maqroll

28 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

One source (Pulitzer prize winning fact checker Politifact) says 56 and one source (Two tweets from right-wing Tweeter whose tweet then went onto well-known conspiracy sites) says 3 million and we apparently have to give them equal value :)

And it certainly is ironic considering the hostility I received yesterday for apparently only basing my opinions from what I read on Twitter :)

I quoted the BBC , nothing ironic in that at all

I even linked to it like I'm supposed to

The first word in the article you quoted was 'unsubstantiated' yet you're presenting the sources as if they're of equal credence.

At the end of the day, if Trump makes these sorts of statements, the burden of proof is on him. To prove 3-5 million voted illegally. Yet award-winning fact checkers and studies have said otherwise. Even without the burden of proof.

It says a lot about the claims. Just because there are two sources with very different outcomes doesn't mean we have to give each source equal footing, which is what your post to snowy suggested.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The first word in the article you quoted was 'unsubstantiated' yet you're presenting the sources as if they're of equal credence

I feel you ought to direct your complaint to the BBC  , I've not presented anything  other than quote it exactly as they presented it

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just because there are two sources with very different outcomes doesn't mean we have to give each source equal footing, which is what your post to snowy suggested.

it suggested no such thing  .... It suggested that the BBC were showing the source of 3m claim and they then quoted other outlets were they had fact checked it and come to a different conclusion  ... my only comment was "we have a difference of opinion " ..that wasn't the royal we , it was a general we

I was observing that 56 and 3million is quite a difference  , hence the hat tip to a famous TV game show quote

Not in my wildest dream did I then think I'd have to respond to irate posts to justify linking to a BBC post .... it seems even when I'm in effect agreeing  with you it ends up as an argument ... que posts about its my fault for being flippant 90% of the time 

Just now, snowychap said:

manuel-fawlty-towers-bellhop.jpg

I was bored on a webEx conference thingy  and the guy speaking at the time was Spanish ...  guess my subconscious mind took over  ..either that or I'm a dumbass and can't spell , nah couldn't be that

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

29,685 likes  :o .. I once strutted down the stairs cause I got 12 likes for a  post on VT

3,000,000 fraudulent democrat votes

2,000,000 on the mall for Trump's inauguration

12 likes on VT for a Tony post

I'll just leave that there without comment...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The first word in the article you quoted was 'unsubstantiated' yet you're presenting the sources as if they're of equal credence.

At the end of the day, if Trump makes these sorts of statements, the burden of proof is on him. To prove 3-5 million voted illegally. Yet award-winning fact checkers and studies have said otherwise. Even without the burden of proof.

It says a lot about the claims. Just because there are two sources with very different outcomes doesn't mean we have to give each source equal footing, which is what your post to snowy suggested.

Think you've got wrong end of the stick here mate.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2017 at 22:58, VILLAMARV said:

I know I should just let it lie, but the very idea that a Black Jew with a degree would last more than about 20 mins in the Rhondda is the thing I'm really struggling with here I have to say.

Here in the Rhonnda i have friends from Mexico, Kenya, Gambia, Nigeria, India, Pakistan, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, Lithuania, Estonia and even Merthyr Tydfil:) the world is a small place.  I am not from the Rhondda and i do not just have a degree i also have a masters and PHD!!  If your struggling with that then may i suggest you take yourself off to a safe space and take advantage of the ProjectVeritas emergency emotional first aid kit.

Its a beautiful thing! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jon_c said:

I think that Mexico should build the wall themselves, use Mexican workers and Mexican steel, creating zero American jobs. Then at the end, bill Trump for it. 

You may well be quite close to the mark as to what happens - just that the US will pay for it up front. :)

44 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

Here in the Rhonnda i have friends from Mexico, Kenya, Gambia, Nigeria, India, Pakistan, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, Lithuania, Estonia and even Merthyr Tydfil:) the world is a small place.  I am not from the Rhondda and i do not just have a degree i also have a masters and PHD!!  If your struggling with that then may i suggest you take yourself off to a safe space and take advantage of the ProjectVeritas emergency emotional first aid kit.

Its a beautiful thing! 

Hmm.

• Like 4

lock him up, lock him up...

Indy

One of President Donald Trump's top advisers is registered to vote in two states – which the New York business man incorrectly classified as "voter fraud". 

Stephen Bannon registered to vote in New York prior to the election, but he still is registered to vote in Florida.

Newsweek

Senior Trump administration staffers, including Kellyanne Conway, Jared Kushner, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon, have active accounts on a Republican National Committee (RNC) email system, Newsweek has learned.

The system (rnchq.org) is the same one the George W. Bush administration was accused of using to evade transparency rules after claiming to have “lost” 22 million emails.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ermie123 said:

Its a beautiful thing! 

top bantz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

must be more of that fake news - they're not even active!!

Bet Fox wouldn't stoop this low. ;)

...and the other story states quite quickly that being registered twice isn't actually all that naughty, let alone 'fraud'.

That was kind of my point with the 'lock him up' it's all just noise. Like it was when it was Hilary, and Bush before her.

But the point I was making quite clearly and plainly in my head might not have translated all that well once I started tapping the keys. 

Â