Weekends football 15/16 December

andykeenan

yep, QPR set a record for taking 17 games before winning and yet somehow arent as bad as reading

will be interesting to see what they do, i certainly cant see them having the draw that arry and QPR will in the transfer market but for some reason i can see them getting twitchy and sacking mcdermott

They won't sack him, it would be churlish to do that after he finally promoted them.

They haven't spent loads of money, they can go back down and be one of the favorites to come up again. A bit like West Brom before they finally got it together.

• Like 1

It's probably in their interest to bank the money and hope they can yoyo for a couple of years rather than sign a load of expensive mercenaries like QPR have done and hope to god they stay up. As said above, the yoyo strategy has worked out brilliantly for the Ollybuyiun.

I personally think Reading's activity in the summer almost indicated they were resigned to relegation with a view to maintaining financial stability.

Must be pretty disappointing for their fans. Work so hard to get promoted and don't even attempt to strengthen the squad enough to give themselves a chance of staying up. I know the league wasn't as tough back then but last time they came up 4/5 years ago they finished in the top half I remember.

Â