Playstation 4

hogso

Killzone looks really good from what I've seen

I could confirm this if I wasnt embargoed

So you'll have to wait till Wednesday when I'm allowed to tell you it's great

:whistle:

Edited by P3te

Just been looking around the net for how much they are, what bundles are available etc etc.

Found out, there's a small chance I could get it for £306.25 due to someone I know working at a certain high street retailer.. muahaha.. my powers of persuasion will be called for now :)

That remote play feature actually looks quite cool. Doesn't seem to be any lag either.

Also, Wired have a video up, taking apart the PS4.

You can swap out the HDD for any commercially available larger capacity one if you wanted to.

Link

Edited by Ghost

Is that a purposefully done feature Pete? Pretty cool if it is :)

yup, sony has always wanted to make the hd swapping easy. with the ps3 it was a case of pulling off a flap at the back, taking out a screw, pulling the caddie out and then unscrewing the HD from there and popping any new 2.5" drive into it. I haven't had a chance to try any of that on PS4 yet, but I'm told it's a lot easier, so I assume there are no screws involved at all

It's a lot more user friendly than the typical Microsoft proprietary approach. Any 2.5" drive (with a handful of exceptions for models that are a touch too big physically) will do it

• Like 1

Yea, my wife sits downstairs with me and watches Big Bang Theory on the internet while I play sometimes.. I feel quite guilty about it..

Having a Vita to play my games on while she watches TV would be magnificent as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not sure I'd buy one straight away though as they are quite pricey still.

Also, thank Pete, I didn't know that and I've deleted some stuff off my 120gb ps3 to make way for GTA5 stuff.. what a banana!

Also, what kind of games do you like?  I remember you not being fond of FPS's and GTA etc etc, are you more into RPG's and things? 

yup, sony has always wanted to make the hd swapping easy. with the ps3 it was a case of pulling off a flap at the back, taking out a screw, pulling the caddie out and then unscrewing the HD from there and popping any new 2.5" drive into it. I haven't had a chance to try any of that on PS4 yet, but I'm told it's a lot easier, so I assume there are no screws involved at all

It's a lot more user friendly than the typical Microsoft proprietary approach. Any 2.5" drive (with a handful of exceptions for models that are a touch too big physically) will do it

Which makes the vita memory card/internal memory fiasco even more boggling.

So you're all going to buy a ps4, turn it on but play via a 120 quid vita? To each his own i guess..

Nope and your missing the point.

• Like 1

Which makes the vita memory card/internal memory fiasco even more boggling.

from speaking to them it's a proprietary system to circumvent certain potential piracy risks

So you're all going to buy a ps4, turn it on but play via a 120 quid vita? To each his own i guess..

you are missing the point, Monday night, 7pm - 9pm, emmerdale, double corrie and eastenders, my ps4 is turned off for those 2 hours and I sit and play on FM on my laptop while the gf watches that utter shite, now the ps4 can be turned on and I can play it on the vita

IMO its a better feature than any of xbones "one box" bollocks, i'll use it a lot

I like the idea of not having to hold a shit in if I'm halfway through a match on Fifa, or even worse if I can't hold it in I won't have to quit the match to go

That's the best reason for the feature definitely!!

I'm interested in how well the Vita would play though. How is the video sent from the PS4 to the Vita? Is via your home network? 

EDIT: Reading up on it it seems it's all done over the Wifi. I guess if you want this feature to work you'll need to Wireless-N router and to not sit too far away from the router with the Vita & probably have the PS4 hard wired rather than connected wirelessly. I could be wrong though.. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â